Venable LLP

www.venable.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Venable LLP to join us.

FCS, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

There is not any training or policies in place. There is a communication disconnect with other people in the company.

improve working relations, the office is very disconnected.

Superior Court of Orange County Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It all depends on you, the department and your immediate supervisor or what your work life is here. It is a great stepping stone to other jobs.

Brad's Deals Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

50% of the leadership team is women, 100% paid maternity, lots of work/life balance and flexibility to work remotely. Lots of support to women initiatives in the community.

Set WAH days over the summer and the ability have flex time throughout the year enables me to a present parent and wife and a productive employee.

Plus support for attending doctorr's appointments and the ability to work at home for a short time before the due date.

Siemens Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.1

The company's policies are in general pretty good at industry average or above (although the industry isn't the most progressive one in terms of gender balance). However the experience varies greatly depending on who your boss is. I've worked for some amazing bosses who cares to develop his/her team, and I've worked for some not so steller ones.

The policy isn't the same company wide. Depends on which unit of Siemens, the policies and degree of flexibility varies.

Timberline Steaks & Grille Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

If you want to stay a server then you're fine but if you want to try and apply for GM and higher management then go elsewhere

Stop cutting our hours for full-timers and hiring so many people on the floor.

Lithium Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great work place and everyone is extremely friendly

Medivo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for several years and while a portion of the employees are female they are largely in support roles. Management is exclusively male now and there is no advancement for most employees, male or female. No clear idea of product or direction makes working here a nightmare. 401k is not matching, taking vacation is looked down upon unless you're in management, and the benefits and bonuses are lousy.

City and County of San Francisco Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women, including women of color, working here at all levels. The work force is very diverse. For instance, my unit is headed by a black woman with two adult children; the two lead managers are a black mother of two young children and a Filipino gay man; and the managers are a white mother of a newborn, a latina, a black father of a toddler from Sierra Leon, a black mother of an infant, a biracial mother of three, and a white father of two adult children. Maternity leave is 16 weeks paid (supplemented with leave, but also even if you have no leave), and you can take up to a year off worth approval (and people have gotten that approval). I took 5 and 7 monthes with my two pregnancies.

Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at the Santa Clarita location and for this department for over two years. When I initially began working at this location I was excited that I would be working for management that included a lot of women as I assumed that this would entail support for their staff in all matters from work to home obligations such as personal and maternity leave, etc. Unfortunately, these were not women that were empowering to other women and instead focused on negatively belittling their support staff and this adversely affected the work environment and impacted the well being and productivity of their female staff. Taking time off was frowned upon and negatively documented and petty personal attacks, gossip and other non work related personal issues between senior staff and newer staff were fostered and enabled by management. Senior staff would create a hostile environment for the junior staff by accepting the claims of the senior staff without researching said claims. These claims were taken for face value without proper justification, documentation or cause. This created an stressful work environment and created hostility between workers which made it difficult for women to transfer, advance to higher paying positions or to promote to other positions within LA County in general regardless of the department. This was absolutely one of the worst locations and departments that I have ever worked for. I would not recommend this place for any ambitious or intelligent women to work at or any reason. The only reason to work here is if you enjoy drama, have a petty high school clique mentality, have no ambition to promote or transfer and would like to stay in the same redundant position doing the same thing until retirement all while under the scrutiny of unhappy women who project their misery onto their staff.

Google Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

March 2015

They are focusing a lot on the experience of women right now. In general I have felt supported in terms of work flexibility (work where/when I need to) but I have yet to hear a case where a working mom goes part time to be with her kids more and has it "really" work... in all cases they end up working far more hours than they get paid for.