Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Via to join us.

Vino Volo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not a work day goes by where I am not thankful for my time with this company, and, for a multitude of reasons-- from wine education and experience in this type of setting, to the lifelong connections made with both coworkers and travelers/customers, alike. As with so much, attitude is key, and if yours is one of openness to the situation, there's much to be gained. If you are looking for a career in wine, though, this one will, likely, just be a temporary stop on your journey, as it's more about waiting tables than anything else. If you are more on the novice side of the sliding scale, with all-things-wine, use the opportunity to absorb what you encounter with the wines you carry. What I gleaned during my time here, even as a pretty knowledgable wine person, has proven invaluable, thanks to tremendous leaders at my location. I am grateful for my experience here, though I'm also thankful I moved on.

It all depends on the location of the store, and the manager at each, really. There was not a consistency across the board. Again, this may very well be changing as the company has been bought out, recently.

Have consistent, easy to understand guidelines/rules; create an environment in every store that doesn't allow for one bad apple to spoil the entire bunch; and knock off the lengthy testing, which isn't consistent nor necessary. There's a lot of unnecessary aspects to training (and continuing to train by retaking the tests over and over and over again, each time someone new in corporate wants to revamp them), which could be streamlined so much better. Plus, requiring homework and tests without compensation is illegal....

New Dimensions In Technology, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very collaborative very woman directed. Company is owned and run by a female CEO

had my children before I joined

create a more global presence

Yale University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

Come here with your eyes wide open. It's the biggest game in town employer-wise and in some ways the only option. The unionized staff get a pretty great deal, their pay and benefits are really quite good. The exempt staff are compensated well but are expected to sacrifice to support the non-exempt staff budget. It's not going to last much longer. They can't keep squeezing us so they can make the union budget payments.

Central departments enjoy a greater flexibility than the academic departments. The faculty need to get with the times and recognize that I can take care of my work anywhere - not just in my office where they can come to delay me with sarcastic commentary and useless railing against the policies and procedures I'm here to apply and enforce.

SNP Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work early in your career to gain skills and build relationships - but at the moment it's not great for work-life balance. That said, talk to the people there. The founder is a proud feminist (which I loved about the place), and is usually open to revisiting policies and the like.

In some ways, SNP is extremely flexible - you could try asking for more leave or return part time for example. But in practice the demands of the job are hard to balance with a personal life. The company "never says no to a customer" and doesn't allow out-of-office auto-replies on email. It's a great group of people, but a very intense environment.

They offered to get a changing table in case I wanted to come back early with baby (not for me, but one person there took them up on it).

Teguar Computers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As of 2017, this is still a company for women who are highly self-aware and "fighters". Women who are insecure or shy with great skills may get run over and/or unseen as it is an aggressive culture both in the positive and negative sense. Definitely a guy-centric culture.

PeaceHealth Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Paid leave is not sufficient to cover added time off for child birth

Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a fair number of women in management positions at JHMR, which is great. (I am not one of them, it's just a fun part-time gig for me.)

American Residential Services LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been working here for a few years and while there are plenty of women in management roles it seems like they have a harder time getting those positions and are often questioned about their decisions. There are also more rules dictating how women should dress than the men and general conversation always brings up "the girls in the office" or "the guys in the field" despite having both genders in both places. The higher you get up in management the more and more hours you're expected to work until you have zero time for anything else. Update (July 2016): The company has now made changes to the handbook that are less strict about what women (and men) must wear.

Charlotte Russe Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's all about the team at Charlotte Russe. If you have a team full of positive, hard working people then the work flow will be easier and more understandable. If you get a lazy leader on your team then you will automatically become stressed and over worn. Charlotte is NOT good about promoting within because they believe it is harder for that person to gain the next level of respect, if you want to move up within Charlotte you more than likely have to move to another location.

eBay Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

I haven't experienced anything troubling with regard to my gender. The company enthusiastically celebrates LGBTQ rights and flies a rainbow flag, which is wonderful. After 5 years of employment you are awarded a 30-day paid sabbatical. Health coverage is good/decent (Blue Cross Blue Shield of California). I have not personally used maternity leave at this company but I believe it's 90 days - eBay U.S. could really improve upon this and set a better standard by offering 6 months as recommended by the World Health Organization.