Waterman www.waterman.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Waterman?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Waterman to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

8/14/16, 5:52 PM

unfortunately Not much managment opportunities for women at this company

6/18/16, 4:46 PM

OfficeMax had a very respectful, family-friendly and inclusive culture. Office Depot does not have the same reputation.

company merged with Office Depot, unfortunately. I've left because I didn't want to move my family.

11/23/15, 2:58 PM

Low pay and short hours for part time, and when you are hired you are not in any certain dept you have to learn everything from the get go.

Maybe. We have a new boss and he has made his own attendance policy, because staples did not have much of one to being with, so he made his own, and also he seems to try to stay away from the women, because he does not want to hear what they have to say.

11/5/15, 2:59 PM

There are very few women in IT but those that are there are in senior roles and are incredibly smart. Most director roles and VPS throughout the company are unfortunately men but the women are treated very fairly and compensated just as well as the men overall. I never felt that my gender got in the way of being promoted.

10/30/15, 1:43 AM

Its a fair and diverse place but overall positive work culture is lacking.

10/1/15, 11:15 PM

You'll probably be told to work the cash register while men do other work, but after that first assignment there is never any comparison between you another employee. Cashiers are probably treated better because they are more likely to sell insurance, and your numbers speak for themselves.

9/14/15, 2:52 AM

I've been with this company almost a year and, I find it to be the "GOOD OLE BOYS CLUB". We have an Operations Manager that CANNOT DO THE JOB and yet he continues to keep this position. Our Assistant Store Manager cannot seem to move up in the company even though she is an EXCELLENT LEADER, I feel that she has not been treated fairly and should have a position as a STORE MANAGER.

Maybe. The hiring process is a Nightmare. I had to complete the background check 3 times before it came thru. The store is poorly run and needs new and better Management.

9/11/15, 1:40 PM

There are a lot of women working here and many in senior positions. There is a great Women in Business group that has networking events and occasional guest speakers.

9/8/15, 10:13 AM

I've been here around 4 years, two different stores. I've seen men and women in all departments, and all levels of management. My previous store manager was a woman, and she outshone both male managers I've had here. So good, in fact, that they transferred her to another store that was suffering so she could bring it up to level. Her replacement is abyssmal. He seems to favor the male underlings with regards to who he listens to, but those males also all work in a particular department that requires a lot more managerial support. So I think it's more to do with the position itself rather than the gender of the person in it. If the tech team was headed up by a woman I think she'd get the most managerial support.

9/6/15, 1:03 PM

Women had been in leadership roles for many years. Women however can be much harder to work with. So many agendas and mood swings. Must have the ability to adapt to many personalities.