Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Watson-Marlow to join us.

Wolverine Trading LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

There are very few women currently working here. However, I believe that this is because we do not get many applications from woman. Being regularly involved in recruitment activity, I think the rate of rejections vs offers is appropriately proportionate to the number of women that apply in the first place -- but I have no hard data, and I don't see every application. I think that the younger women, those that started within the last couple of years, appear to be having a much easier time making connections with all of their colleagues because a critical mass or threshold has been reached. But for those of us that joined even a few years earlier the culture was very different and isolating, and there's no way to redo things now. All of the (relatively) older women that I know of (a number that can be counted on your fingers) still seem isolated and stuck in place, or have moved on. However, this impression could be due to the flat hierarchy of the company. Long term happiness at this company is easily achievable for brilliant but unambitious people who want challenging work, and more important responsibilities over time (but with no title change), and good pay and awesome benefits. It would be nice if they added a sabbatical program. This company has low turnover, so it'd be nice to know that after five years you can recharge.

Add a sabbatical program.

ClassPass Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

There are quite a lot of women in executive roles, but women are poorly underrepresented in engineering in the SF office. However, I never felt discriminated against because of my gender by my team or any of the engineers. Overall, maybe because the company's users are predominantly female, the culture at ClassPass is more focused on gender equality than a typical company.

Because ClassPass encourages its employers to attend class using the free membership that is an employee benefit, hours are very flexible. As a result, no one really asks or cares why someone leaves for several hours in the middle of a day.

Red Fuse Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Health insurance isn't great for families. Jobs are meh, but work life balance is decent. More junior people are rarely promoted. Job is good for stability but not much else. Most people are nice, but when there are bullies sometimes they are not kept in check.

Hire specialists for specialized work. It really creates second tier work.

Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be sure to Network more with other employees in the industry if you want to get ahead or work up the ladder.

they got rid of flexible summer hours and working remote days.

Invesco Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

If you are a working mom, be cautious. Be up front about the flexibility you need. They definitely aren't going to offer it to you, you have to stand up and take it.

After 6 weeks STD (not at full salary) you have to take your vacation. If you don't have enough it's unpaid.

Marlin Hawk Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

It is a good company. I just wish more women were in leadership positions. Also wished more women were hired.Insurance only covers for one individual, doesn't cover anything re: family. Aside from this, you are able to take off of work for as long as you want, for this most part, which is nice.

Don't have a child.

Allianz SE Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you're an admin or exec admin assistant, you won't ever be promoted out of the position. You won't be offered training opportunities, any job-related training will be at your own expense and on your own time. It is not a good culture, I do not recommend this company.

While the policy is family-friendly, bosses are generally not. I was told by one COO that if I took maternity leave, they would wait until it was done and then fire me because it's an at-will company. When I reported that to HR, I was to "of course that won't happen" but it made me too afraid to take leave of any kind.

Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is only recently emerging from being an "old boy's club". There are no maternity benefits, other than the government EI.

Putnam Investments Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here only 11 months, however, I was hired while 4 months pregnant (everyone was aware I was pregnant when hired). While the management is certainly male-dominated, there are a number of women in prominent positions. Putnam is making a concerted effort to hire women in the legal department and has gone from 1 woman to 3 in the past year. This is still a significant disparity, however, I have not found that the treatment of attorneys varies significantly based on gender. After having my baby I took the 12 paid weeks of parental leave, 2 weeks of vacation time, and an additional unpaid week of time. My boss was nothing by supportive of the time that I took, and also supported my request to work one day a week from home for the forseeable future.

Richemont Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a company with many women in senior roles however the top management is predominantly male. I worked in a retail store within the group and unfortunately their attitudes toward breastfeeding were pretty dismal (for example, I was provided a storage closet within which to pump, with no lock on the door and was walked in on SIX times before they finally agreed to put a lock on the door). Given that we worked on commission, any time spent off the sales floor to pump - or eat for that matter! - would count against us as it was potential lost revenue.