Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati https://www.wsgr.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati?
Lady maa133

It is a typical law firm with a fairly low female to male associate ratio.

Depends on situation.
Sandy Toes Girl

I have worked in male dominated careers for my entire career. The bias here is no different than any other job/place/career. The only difference here is that they (the males) really think they are female friendly. Senior women make less (hard to tell because once you are beyond the associate level pay is very arbitrary). It is a place where you are expected to work 2000+ hours a year (if you want to make a real bonus). And it's a place where you need to network the partners or you will be out in the cold.

Lady Charlotte

So much of your experience will depend on whom you work for.

Lady Daisy Associate

I wish I had talked more to partners about career development

Lady Zelda Associate, Corporate

On the work front, the firm generally seems to be supportive of female associates, though there is something of a "boys club" feel. I haven't had problems getting good opportunities and the types of work that I want, and I feel I have good working relationships all around - associates and partners are approachable and willing to help and answer questions. I've had some very positive experiences, and great mentorship. But I'm not generally included in some of the boys club-types of social activities... I can't say that I particularly want to go smoke cigars after work or stay out till 1 a.m. drinking, but I do worry that there may come a time that that puts me at a disadvantage.

Madam Aviary Attorney

The quality of life for women in this firm can vary dramatically depending on which location you work and what partner and/or senior associate attorneys you work under. While this firm has a good proportion of female partners and senior associates as compared to other firms, the women who make partner have nannies and are available to work essentially 24/7. That said, I don't think there is much of a stigma associated with a woman who takes a few months of maternity leave, as long as she has a good reputation as a valuable to the firm before doing so. According to word of mouth, a woman with children is more likely to be given permission to work reduced time than a male attorney or a woman without children. Being able to work reduced time is up to the partner you work under, so, again, one's practice area and location are really important in determining work/life balance.

Liberty Girl

This firm has great working mom policies in place, but not everyone follows them. I am the first woman in the group to ever take maternity leave, and it was pretty apparent that not everyone knew how to appropriately handle it. To say the very least, it was challenging to go out on maternity leave (though I took the full leave despite naysayers) and even more challenging to return to the stigma of having taken maternity leave. However, since then, the firm/group has recognized the errs of its ways (its illegal for one, but also a terrible attitude and culture to have) and now they are taking strides to allow me to reintegrate into the group. Its difficult being a female in a group largely dominated by men. Certain partners clearly think its a Boys Club. But there are rising female stars and at least a couple women in leadership who seem to be trying to make it better for those that come after. I'd say, be prepared to deal with a little uneven treatment. But if you can tough it out until you find the right mentors, then the world is your oyster.

Lady Annabelle

N/A

Lady Bug Associate

N/A

Women Review Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.7 stars, based on 9 reviews Company Website Lady maa133 Sandy Toes Girl Lady Charlotte Lady Daisy Lady Zelda Madam Aviary Liberty Girl Lady Annabelle Lady Bug