Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at WNYC to join us.

CafePress Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company is a mess. Stay away. There's no strategy.

Student Loans of America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's minimum wage job, poor comision, manager treats everyone like they're dumb.

Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would recommend she not work here. During the 2016 election, the white, educated, affluent CEO eventually came out with, "I'm not saying a woman CAN'T be president, but..." So I said, "But what?" And he was like, "Nothing." And I said, "So you ARE saying a woman can't be president." And he asked that we discontinue the conversation because he felt I was being too aggressive.

The CEO of this company likes to talk about being generous and respecting everyone's home life, but as soon as you want to use that time doing anything he doesn't agree with, he will take issue with you. For example, I began a health improvement plan that necessitated I eat fresher foods for lunch and not eat at my desk, so I began taking lunch breaks (which I'd never done before and is NOT the culture of the company). I ALWAYS made up that time by staying later than 5, but the CEO still gave me grief and said, "You need to be mindful of your behavior." But then if you said, "Oh, would it be ok if I ran to the post-office?" he'd say, "This isn't elementary school. We're all adults here. Please don't ask me about things like this. Just do what you need to do." You can see the problem.

I have no idea what the maternity leave policy is or even if there is one.

The CEO of this start-up treats women differently than men in the work environment--talking over women; dismissing their ideas, but lauding those exact same ideas when coming from a male employee; minimizing their work ("well, your job is JUST xyz, so your contribution isn't THAT big"); and constantly making them defend their work. I left because I was so traumatized by the insidious misogyny, and unless ALL of that changes, I wouldn't recommend this company to any other women.

Sunrise Senior Living Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I work at the headquarters in McLean, VA, so my experience is a little different than those who work in our actual communities. We have a great company culture and the flexibility to telework if needed. However, our benefits are expensive. I am on our silver plan and paying 75 a paycheck and have to meet a 4,000 deductible before insurance kicks in.

Corporate headquarters offers the best flexibility in terms of the option to telework

ZeroCater Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

-Good company to be a woman at -Many women in management, in fact, women dominate middle management, however, there are more men in the highest tier.

L-3 Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The glass ceiling here is real. If you are considering a leadership role in this company look around to see where the women are in leadership roles, because there aren't any. They get plucked off on a regular basis through "mutual separation agreements". It is an unbelievable good-old-boys club. There is no support for for women in the organization. I tried starting a woman's network and was criticized for doing so, and then eventually labeled a troublemaker.

University of Colorado Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here just under 4 years and have yet to see one woman promoted beyond a support role. If that's where you start be prepared to stay. It's male dominated in mid & high level management and leadership roles. I think the benefits at CU are fair, but it's clear that women are judged for taking maternity leave. It's also clear under the few women managers that if you don't have children (and you're a woman,) you are expected to pitch in extra hours and aren't afforded flexibility because you don't have "real" responsibilities.

Houston-Galveston Area Council Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

3/9 executives are women. The men have been in charge since the 70s. The women who've been there that long are two steps down from the execs. There's no maternity leave per se, just your sick time, vacation time, and 6 weeks unpaid FMLA. As far as time flexibility, this is a great place to work once you have kids. But don't look for mentors, expect promotions, or a path to success. Do your job or network your way out. It seems more difficult for women to advance.

Kmart Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been working here for 4 months, I've noticed that employees whether male or female are treated mostly the same, women are often hired for less strenuous positions, but other than that men and women are treated equally

Qualcomm Incorporated Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

June 2015

I've worked here for going on 10yrs and personally only been advanced one time. All the women in my dept are in support roles which makes it impossible to network for advancement. There is another woman that was hired within a week of me and she was advanced 3 times... but we do the exact same thing and I have a technical degree. It was because she found a male champion. This is just a personal example of what you can potentially expect with my company and in my dept.