Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Woodward Academy to join us.

Valvoline Cummins Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

It's a good place, it could be better with some nice policies

AirMap Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

This company has new executive leadership and is in the process of healing from toxic residue. The women that work here are rock stars and superstars (Per Kim Scott's definition thereof) - smart, beyond capable and ambitious. They are the spine and glue of the company. The company's external cultural image is the result of their work exclusively.

Allergan Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

December 2017

There is a good mix of genders in all departments and several women in leadership positions. It's easy to find impressive female role models to learn from.

Haribhakti & Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Pl look for a better opportunity in another company.

Part of the subsidiaries do not get Maternity leave at all. So one finds that female employees leave the organisation.

Improve work-life balance; salaries not paid on time; gaps & delay in renewal of medical insurance; increments unfair (paltry sums) & not paid for full year (partly swindled); full & final settlements of ex employees not promptly settled- delay causing severe grief which could lead to taking legal action against the company.

Foley, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As long as you have a thick skin you can do it!

It really depends on the department, some essential positions have very strict hours, but non-customer-facing positions generally have more flexibility.

Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The camaraderie here is great and I work with a great group of people. Management, however, is undergoing some much needed turnover, though very slowly. I hope when the old guard leaves, the new leaders will respect womens contributions to this company and acknowledge them with proper promotions, pay, and bonuses. I feel positive about the future of this company. Also, we are super white. Like really, really white. Especially in management and up.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Rural Metro Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there slightly over 4 years. If you are part of the "club" you will go far, but even the "club" will throw you under the bus. It is best to always have an exit plan.

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

Dematic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are very few women working here and most of those who do are recent hires or in non engineering positions. It's a very odd mix as if the company only decided in the past few years they were open to hiring women for engineering positions. There are many employees who have been with the company for 10+ year and many even longer. However, very few of those who have been with the company for a long time are women and there are 0 female managers in my department (of over 200 people). These demographics have created an environment where it's not uncommon for someone to use the phrase "She totally wants to do me" or "Have her at the meeting we need some eye candy." There is even a manager who told a recent female hire he thought there were more women working here now because women were getting smarter... So some positives, as a female it is easy to stand out in a good way too. People are more likely to remember you which gives your work extra visibility. All in all I would describe my experience here as kind of weird as I never imagined a place with this kind of attitude was still able to exist. If you are a female interested in a position here I would say proceed with caution and go with your gut-if someone says something off putting in the interview it is likely not a one time thing.

Palo Alto Networks Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

There are no women at the Executive or very senior levels so it is very much of a boys club. Great product, great company but being a male-dominated environment, there is no networking opportunities for women.