Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Workhoppers to join us.

Mountain Capital Partners Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Sexual objectification is part of the job. There was not a procedure outlined for complaints.

Flexibility in scheduling

n/a

Brewer Science, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

While the policies are progressive, there is very little female management support in R&D, and HR is inexperienced in enforcing these policies.

Improve HR support for women in the workplace; track gender diversity and representation

RXTransparent Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

It is a start-up, there is not a lot of thought given to employees, it is about getting the job done. Lots of promises, not a lot of follow through.

Custom Writing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Great freelance writing job. Very flexible, I have time for my family and kids.

Wendy's Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Do not work here. There are other businesses that put an equal amount of care into the treatment of customers and employees alike and provide equal opportunities for tasks.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

The Wendy’s Company will allow parental leave, but there isn’t no guarantee that the people facilitating leave will be helpful in any way. Additionally, the company tends to flip-flop between leave policies for college students. Shortly before I left, the policy changed and required college students to quit and reapply for the time they would want to come back.

Improve workplace behavior policies. I have worked many different positions for different companies, and never have I been more disrespected by my co-workers and managers than during my time at Wendy’s. My work environment was incredibly stressful and toxic to the point where customers started to feel uncomfortable watching co-workers do their job and interact with the rest of the crew. Customers would complain to me about the people in the kitchen (who were in view of the customers) about the verbal and physical violence the workers were exhibiting. Additionally, managers would yell at and degrade workers in front of the customers (not that abusive reprimanding is appropriate when it’s out of view) advance well as show clear irritation when the customer showed a coupon or verification for a discount.

Timex Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Only offer short term disability for maternity leave, so 6-8 weeks paid depending on delivery and no paid leave for adoption or surrogacy. Can bring a child to work on an occasional basis if school is closed for a holiday, etc.

Used to have flexible hours, but recently changed all to a set 8:30 - 5 schedule. Don't allow even 1-2X per week telecommute on any permanent basis. They do offer unlimited personal and sick time.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Bandito Brothers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company does not have the best reputation to begin with, but from what I have experienced, heard, and observed it is far worse for women.

Friends School of Baltimore Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You have to use all your sick leave and two personal days before they tap into their short term disability leave. Total they allow 6 for a natural birth and 8 for a c section. You can take up to 12 total much of which is unpaid only because of FMLA. No judgement for taking. All 12 weeks but many can't afford it on our low saleries.

Story WorldWide Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

While it's a great concept for an agency, it's totally chaotic and disorganized which means the agency often gets in it's own way. The people generally are nice, but HR department is pretty much non-existant so you have to navigate maternity leave policies yourself (or pretty much any benefits/questions/etc.).