Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at World Learning to join us.

Galveston College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

The leadership is not a reflection of the good people who work here.

A change of leadership.

Vanderbilt University Medical Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

If you don't ask, you don't get. Negotiate your pay and fight for fair compensation, especially at your initial hiring. Promotions are hard work on the part of your one-up leader, so make a good case for yourself and present it, including goals to achieve the next level. Persist politely, bringing up your case for your promotion until it happens.

United States Pharmacopeia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

It's very difficult to keep up with the growth, and it's very easy to get burned out.

Managers need to be held accountable for the company values initiatives to improve the culture.

Nexius Solutions, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

great place to work, great culture and environment. Great benefits (CIGNA)

Penske Truck Leasing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would say that Penske is a performance (vs. tenure) driven organization and you cannot deny numbers which helps to keep promotions fair and putting the best person in front of our customers every time! I think this promotional advancement style along with the generous PTO, investment in development and our corporate founder's (Roger Penske) appreciation and recognition for Human Capital being his number one asset creates a very supportive environment for women in our company! The only thing that I feel keeps women away is that we are not in a "sexy" industry... It's transportation, but it's also what makes the world go 'round!

Hub International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women should know there is not a lot of support for upward mobility here.

Harvard University Press Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Although several department heads are women, there's generally much more promotion opportunity for men than for women, especially in my department. This is very well known and often discussed among non-managerial staff.The support staff is overwhelmingly female and has very little promotion opportunity, although the rare man who enters as an assistant is very likely to be promoted. Editors are about 60% male. There's definitely a lot of bias and sexism around the office; female assistants tend to be treated like secretaries, women aren't given as much air time in meetings, etc. You can't beat Harvard benefits, though!

Precious Cargo Academy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

In general this is a great place to work and women are treated fairly. However, when I and other teacher were pregnant we were under physical and mental stresses that could have been avoided.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Hallmark Cards Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

Worked here for 3 years. Boss was an overbearing, control freak. Thank god they closed the location I worked at.