WorleyParsons

www.worleyparsons.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at WorleyParsons to join us.

Belmont Village, L.P. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The management is mostly women, which I like. I come from a male dominated industry and it’s definitely easier working for women.

Emerge Interactive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Watch your back. Do not expect a path to career and salary advancement. Do not expect mentorship. Do not expect good management.

Not for Pay, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

1. Honoring and respecting women — monetarily, verbally, behaviorally — the same way men are regarded within the company. 2. Financially incentivizing women to the same degree as men within the company. 3. Rewarding women — financially — for their outstanding work, instead of rewarding men for the work women have done. 4. Engaging in gender equity, racial diversity, and racial equity hiring practices. 5. Senior management (all male) is not as evolved as they perceive themselves to be, and are controlled by one manipulative female employee who is threatened by other women.

Poo-pourri Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is smoke and mirrors. This company looks like it would empower women, since it is owned by a woman and more than half of the employees are women. The owner hires women, so she can pay them less.

It is frowned upon to take lunches and everyone must be on call 24/7 for the owner.

Every woman who took maternity leave was let go or returned to be demoted.

Cadence Design Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Some managers throw everyone under the bus -- don't take it personally.

Create and honor an open door policy in which the higher-ranking executives approach the employees and ask them individually what would make the team / department / company stronger. This would enable individual contributors to provide feedback before situations spin out of control.

AiCure Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Was told vacation was unlimited, this was taken away. Was told hours were flexible, was later clarified as you must work 10 hours a day and can move that by +/- 2 hours to accomodate family schedules but it must equal 10 hours. Commitment to company was questioned while pet was dying in hospital.

Hours are flexible, but employees are expected to put in 60 hours a week from home/on weekends if they leave early; management sets bad standard by dialing into meetings and working on vacations (while you can hear kids asking for attention in background); employees end up working during vacation or during parental leave anyway.

Was sexually harassed by superior who hid it very well and left no electronic trace; no one was paying attention while he was sleeping with another colleague. Lacked HR department.

Softtek Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I'm proud to be part of Softtek while my kids were babies. I had the opportunity to increase my knowledge and to attend my family

Tidewater Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I went to work there for someone knowing this would be short term & they had tremendous challenges in this department.Our department was mainly women who do not support each other, sandbagged each other, stole credit for others work, used bad management practices, contradicted HR policy & generally make this department unpleasant. The individual in charge of the department pits people against each other. Young librarians come in, get experience for a year or so and then move on. Not all departments are like this but it is incredibly difficult to gain credibility with anyone in the general organization when you give a differing opinion from the department head. I would only recommend this department unless no other job materializes. I would be careful in the general organization. State benefits are better then average benefits & am aware of individuals staying in demoralizing jobs because they cannot afford to lose the benefits. Unfortunately because of budget constraints most of the jobs that are newly created are part-time. In this department there is only one degree, MLS, that is given any credibility or weight. It is a community college setting. The benefits are the only positive that I can give at this point. Benefits are only available for full-time employees.

Prescott Medical Communications Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a very small company (under 35 employees), and the "small town" feel can be both good and bad-- everybody knows everybody, but it is difficult to navigate in the case of personality conflicts. Fortunately, those are rare! The benefits are incredible. There is 2 weeks paternity/adoption leave at 100%, 12 weeks maternity at 60%, an additional 12 weeks unpaid. The health insurance is 100% free. No premiums, no co-pay, and it's GOOD insurance, and the company pays your deductible into an HSA account, so there is effectively no deductible either. And it's free to add family to the plan, too. There is also a 3% matched SIMPLE IRA that is vested from month 3. Work-life balance is strongly emphasized with half day Fridays in the summer, unlimited work from home (provided you are getting your work done, of course), unlimited sick leave (within reason), 15 days vacation and 5 personal days out of the gate. Most people work 35-40 hours a week. My only criticisms of the company? There are some management bottlenecks where the more junior employees (like me) often find themselves with not a lot to do, while senior employees are swamped. It can feel a bit cliquey as the more senior employees have been here since the company was founded (15 years ago) and the junior employees obviously have not. There is also a slight generational issue, as junior employees often leave for greener pastures once hitting mid-level. I think a big part of that is we are paid slightly less (in exchange for all of these benefits) than big medical communications companies / Pharmaceutical companies, so it's all a question of where your balance lies-- younger men and women with no kids might be better served elsewhere, but this is a very supportive environment to get your feet wet in medical communications and project management

Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Many women work at the company and hold leadership positions so I believe there is equality in the workplace. Leadership is supportive of parents and work/life balance.

RAM Development Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I worked there for quite some time. I feel like management took advantage of my nativity and skills. I was almost running the entire business operations after just a few short months. (I was left completely on my own, to my own devices (which should have tipped me off to how the rest of my employment with them would go)after only being there 3 days. Don't get me wrong, not everything about my experience was bad. The other employees I worked with were mostly enjoyable people. My only complaint was ever with management, or rather lack of it. Even though I put in place several ideas that wound up saving the company money, my ideas and input were rarely ever taken into account or listened to. I'm not saying I have the best or brightest ideas but I think some of them at least deserved more discussion. I guess my issue with this really lies with how much personal pressure that management would put on each employee that the success of the business was up to the employee but then not allowing the employees any input into ideas or policies at all.