"Great opportunities to work where hard work is appreciated and where there is much flexibility."
One thing XTO Energy can improve?
Manager Information Technology, IT
"Excellent leave program for both parents and includes adoption"
Would you recommend XTO Energy to other women?
"While I don't feel that this is the culture at Exxon (and we won't be in Fort Worth for much longer), XTO still works on the "good ol' boy" system. I am a married woman who doesn't want children, and I am viewed as cold and less "womanly" by other women. Male managers (not my current manager - I will say he is a good one) still, in 2017, make snide remarks about how they don't believe I don't want children (actually just none of their business, but if it involves potential maternity leave, they think it is). I am darned if I do and darned if I don't. The women who have seen success at XTO are those who already have children. "
One thing XTO Energy can improve?
Would you recommend XTO Energy to other women?
"I don't believe the pay gap is anywhere near as wide as it was before we were purchased by Exxon. Before that, it was well beyond the 70-something percent that you always hear quoted. Now, it still might not be as bad as the rest of the O&G industry, but it very much still exists, and it is most obvious when men are promoted above women when women perform better. They have a few women that they have picked to be in the spotlight, and that's wonderful. But for the general female population here, we are still lagging behind. "