Xylem Inc.

www.xylem.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Xylem Inc. to join us.

University of Connecticut Health Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This employer has good benefits including health insurance and disability insurance

intY Limited Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Family friendly, flexible, supportive. The industry is dominated my males so they definitely do what they can to keep female staff.

Family friendly, flexible, supportive

The Iron Yard Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They're good to us, but there's some hypocrisy in the values they preach vs. how they treat their candidates internally.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

We're going through some changes, so we'll see if the flexibility still maintains.

Udemy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work! There is a deliberate practice to reduce gender bias and that is done through unconscious bias training, candid conversations in small teams and 1:1s with your manager. There are meeting protocols in place to reduce gender bias. However, there is a lack of women in manager & senior manager roles and I don't know why.

Leadership & managers are vocal about work-life balance, creating a work environment that is inclusive and helps you achieve your career goals. You can come in when you want / leave when you want - as long as you are doing what needs to be done, the time of day doesn't matter. A manager will send you home if you come to work under the weather because they want you to be healthy and also not to get other people sick. They partner with a middle school mentorship program and you can prioritize your involvement in that program. Work from home happens by team, based on what you do but it is an option and okay to bring up to your manager if that is what you need.

8 weeks full pay company policy plus CA/SF policy and with short term disability comes to about 4 months of paid time off.

Nerdwallet Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.7

Working at NerdWallet has been an experience that, for the first time in my life, has made me feel like it is possible to be part of a professional environment where I will not be treated unfairly as a woman. Since the beginning of my employment here, I have always felt strongly that my contributions and skills are valued and recognized equally to my male co-workers, which is a great feeling!

Bandito Brothers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company does not have the best reputation to begin with, but from what I have experienced, heard, and observed it is far worse for women.

Zeta Instruments Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You wont get listened to

California Institute of the Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Low, low, low pay and the illusion of gathering different opinions but the decisions have already been made by someone in upper administration. The students are practically ready to grab pitchforks and burn someone at the stake for the astronomical tuition prices and lack of scholarships. It makes for a very hostile environment at times. The student body today is made up of mostly wealthy kids who expect to get what they pay for and they have little substance in their work. It's not that most of them are horrible, it is only that they lack the life experience that would be incorporated in an artwork by someone who had more adversity in their lives. This school is not what it used to be or at least what I was lead to think it used to be. There is still a great deal of intellectual rigor among much of the faculty but even that is disappearing as more full time professors are gone and they are being replaced indefinitely by Adjuncts working 2-3 other jobs.

Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at the Santa Clarita location and for this department for over two years. When I initially began working at this location I was excited that I would be working for management that included a lot of women as I assumed that this would entail support for their staff in all matters from work to home obligations such as personal and maternity leave, etc. Unfortunately, these were not women that were empowering to other women and instead focused on negatively belittling their support staff and this adversely affected the work environment and impacted the well being and productivity of their female staff. Taking time off was frowned upon and negatively documented and petty personal attacks, gossip and other non work related personal issues between senior staff and newer staff were fostered and enabled by management. Senior staff would create a hostile environment for the junior staff by accepting the claims of the senior staff without researching said claims. These claims were taken for face value without proper justification, documentation or cause. This created an stressful work environment and created hostility between workers which made it difficult for women to transfer, advance to higher paying positions or to promote to other positions within LA County in general regardless of the department. This was absolutely one of the worst locations and departments that I have ever worked for. I would not recommend this place for any ambitious or intelligent women to work at or any reason. The only reason to work here is if you enjoy drama, have a petty high school clique mentality, have no ambition to promote or transfer and would like to stay in the same redundant position doing the same thing until retirement all while under the scrutiny of unhappy women who project their misery onto their staff.

Sony Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

It can be great and flexible.