Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Zazzle to join us.

Allen & Overy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

State your value from the beginning and be clear with your group of your career expectations and development. Know that they honestly are not seeking to put your life outside of work into any kind of consideration and if you happen to bring it up - you will be discussed and most likely mocked amongst the rest of your group’s partners.

There is an article stating there they offer 18 weeks of paid maternity leave. Please note that this *only* applies to attorneys. Staff are allowed 12 paid weeks of maternity leave and then can take up to 6 weeks unpaid. Overall the culture at A&O needs a lot of work. There’s a very bad atmosphere of backstabbing and Partners amongst certain groups treating associates as if they’re lesser than. It is not uncommon to see emails embarrassing other associates with other firm members copied if they have encountered error of some sort, and shaming from Partner to associate or counsel happens daily. A&O London runs a much more respectable workspace but the NY space really sucks at boosting workplace morale. It’s a true crabs-in-a-barrel situation. Make what you can of it and then move onto better. The turnaround here amongst associates it’s insanely fast. They are overworked, constantly put on the line and essentially underpaid. As much as they tote a worklife-balance agenda, no partner wants to hear it when they have a deal to close and they need you to do all of the work.

W2O Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

March 2018

It can be demanding at times given the industry but women have the same opportunities as men.

Iowa Wesleyan University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

This is a very employee-friendly place to work. It is the most gender-neutral place I’ve ever worked.

Tennant Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Tennant is overall a good place to work, even though they are stuck in the 80s with some of their policies and procedures. There has been a lot of turnover in HR and leadership recently, so I'm anxious to see what, if any, changes come about in the next 1-2 years.

Not for Hiring

It really depends on your manager's viewpoint on flexible work arrangements. You can get things like alternate schedules approved and finalized through HR, but my experience is that it's best to just work through your manager for an unofficial arrangement.

The "maternity leave" is just a STD policy, and in the last 18 months, they went from 100% pay for 6 weeks to 2/3 pay for 6 weeks which is just unacceptable. I understand they have the plant workers to consider, but they should have a separate maternity leave policy if they can't determine a way to make STD work for everyone.

Safe Place and Rape Crisis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Leadership is not on the same team as everyone else. The leaders and directors have forgotten the mission, but the rest of the staff are amazing people.

I was hired to work a set of hours and 2 days later after I accepted the position I was told the hours had changed. I could either accept the new hours or leave the position. Flexing hours is not allowed and if you ask it may take weeks for approval.

Hirshorn Zuckerman Design Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Ask for better benefits and find others who are like you.

Not for Pay, Hiring

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's not necessarily your skill, talent, enthusiasm, committment, or education that will help you in your role. It's who you know and being able to navigate a very challenging multi-state political environment.

Promote women supporting each other

Checkwriters Payroll Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Good employer. Mostly female staff. Family owned.

Seaworld Parks & Entertainment Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for ~4 years. Women make up around 80% of the front line staff, about 40% of middle management, and very little of the upper management. I'm in middle management, and I feel respected and my ideas listened to. On the day-to-day side of things, women are treated well and I have no complaints. There's still a fair amount of the good ol' boy network still around that makes advancement more challenging than it needs to be, but SWPE is still probably more open to women in management than many other companies. The zoological departments are the most female-friendly, although even though all the zoo VPs are male. Maternity policies are standard, which in the US means pretty minimal. Maternity leave exists, but is unpaid after FMLA. The worst thing is that they are combined with your spouse's, so if you both work here, you only get half the overall leave (as a couple) that you would if you worked for separate companies. Some departments are willing to work to accommodate child care and other obligations, some aren't. While management is generally accommodating for needs during work (nursing/pumping), the nature of the job in animal care makes it often hard to get away when necessary. I know a few women who gave up breastfeeding early because, although their department allowed them ample opportunity to take breaks, couldn't bring themselves to take it often enough to keep their milk. Even if management allows it, the strong teamwork ethos around here makes mothers feel like they are shirking if they take more breaks than other people or at different times. The most promising thing is that things seem to be steadily improving. The new CEO is promoting a lot more employee-friendly changes.

Novartis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

July 2015

My chosen profession is generally a male dominated environment. However here at Novartis I have had to female IT leads which has been refreshing to say the least.