Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Zuman to join us.

Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Job satisfaction is largely dependent on the department you work in. There is much variation across departments and varied management styles.

N/a

Pay is via short term disability or pto so your pay on maternity leave is related to how long you have worked here as well as if you choose to purchase short term disability supplemental insurance.

Student loan repayment.

Jacobs Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Seek out development opportunities. Foster after work culture. The people are great but busy and need encouragement to create better networks.

Nusmile Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Look elsewhere if you are a family-oriented woman. This is not a work/life balance company,

Emerson Climate Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a decernible pay gap between men and women.

Ayres Hotels Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a funny company. Policies completely depend on which manager you work for. Some are very flexible and reasonable about hours. others are not! Be sure you have a clear understanding going in. Try to get them to put it in the offer letter or respond to an email outlining your derstanding. Even then, when managers change everything does.

Improve and standardize management practices throughout the company. what is 'excellent' in one department may be 'below average' in another. The family are very good, honest people. They are not very business savvy and this leaves too much room for managers to stomp all over employees.

Brilliant Experience Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Values women and men equally in every role!

Lycée Français de New York Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a French school, so it's conscious of certain things--vacations are vacations, for example. On the other hand, the child care leave policy is terrible and what's particularly bad is that if a woman decides to take some unpaid time, she loses her insurance. It's also hard to get clear information about various leave options.

Redfin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women at Redfin, many in high level positions (CTO, SVP of Comms, Directors, etc.). Overall I like working at Redfin and have learned a lot from some really smart people. That being said, Redfin does a fair to middlin' job of accommodating work/life balance - nothing above and beyond what you'll find at other startups: catered lunches 3 days per week in Seattle, standing desk option, Mother's room for pumping... What I really appreciate about Redfin are our health care benefits. We pay ZERO monthly premiums, 0% coinsurnace, and very low annual deductibles and copays. What could use improving: - Compensation: internal equity could use a review for market adjustments across ALL groups, not just engineering. - 401K: LOTS of companies, including pre-IPO companies, offer a match. Redfin does not. - Transit: Seattle's traffic is becoming untenable unless you live within walking/biking distance or a short bus ride. Redfin currently provides a partial subsidy towards a bus pass, which is great for those who live within Seattle proper but not sufficient/helpful for those who live outside of Seattle and are faced with either long bus rides (with multiple transfers) or sometimes longer commutes and sky high daily/monthly parking rates in Downtown Seattle. Extending the bus subsidy to those who need/want to drive would be a good start. As a new mom taking the bus every day doesn't sound appealing when I live outside of Seattle proper. - WFH: it's known that the CEO does not like corporate employees (those working at HQ in Seattle or SF) working from home. Sometimes working from home is a necessity (sick child, appointments, etc.) and it doesn't feel good to know that your business looks down upon you taking care of your family's needs.

Intel Security Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

It was an old boys club. Men made all the decisions and women were expected to provide support in most cases. They have some women executives but women are typically pushed to "support" roles for the rather uninformed ideas the men had. Outspoken women were labeled as problems. Men in charge promoted each other. Women had to struggle for promotions unless they were in support of a male thought leader. Management has changed since I left so hopefully its gotten better, but if you don't see or hear about women thought leaders in the company in more mass just stay away.

Titus-Will Automotive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for 4+ years and while overall I enjoyed it, I wish I had treated both my own career and my financial earning with more respect. The company changed and drastically lowered the comission cap when some salespeople learned that the women on the phone and emailing behind the scenes were making more money than them. I learned so much about myself and about the auto industry from Titus-Will, amd I'm glad I did. I don't think I would do it again though.