New York, NY (United States)
Number of Employees
Highlights from Time Inc.
Meet a Fairygodboss at Time Inc.
Group President, Brand and Category Sales
New York, NY
Karen Kovacs is Group President of Brand and Category Sales at Time Inc., where she manages multi-million dollar ad revenue for the sales & marketing operation. Prior to her category-focused role, she was publisher of PEOPLE, sitting in the top sales role at the powerhouse entertainment brand that reaches nearly 42 million people. A performance-driven leader, she has built and scaled businesses, driven growth across platforms and fostered a culture of high performance across her various senior leadership roles at Time Inc. Karen launched Women @ Time Inc. in partnership with C-level leadership this year to invest in women at all stages of career. She is a board member of AWNY/She Runs It and sits on the President’s Council of Cornell Women. She started her career at Ogilvy & Mather.
What Women Should Know about Working At Time Inc.
- A best in class benefits program
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- An onsite Health Center providing primary health care services and wellness programming
- A best in class EAP/Work-Life Assistance program providing confidential, no cost, short term counseling to employees and their loved ones, as well as resource and referral services to assist with everything from finding childcare to a dog walker. This program also has expanded legal and financial assistance components
- Back up child and elder care
- An onsite massage program
- Private wellness suites for nursing mom
- Numerous community groups
- Annual fitness reimbursement as well as discounted health club membership
- Financial reimbursement to defray cost for adoption and surrogacy
Gender diversity statistics
- Gender diversity information
- We support all of our employees and see each as a unique and special person with individual needs.
Programs, initiatives, groups
- Additional information
- Women @ Time Inc.
Working Parents Support Group.
A3 (Asian American Assocation)
BE@T (Black Employees at Time Inc.)
HOLA (Hispanic Employees at Time Inc.)
Media Upstarts (Emerging professionals)
OUT (LGBTQ friends & family)
WIT (Women in Technology)
- Flexible working policies
- Time Inc. encourages managers to determine what works best for their teams. Flexible work arrangements are encouraged and supported.
- Overview: Parental leave policies
- We offer six weeks of paid parental leave to all new parents, adoptive and birth. In addition, birth mother are eligible for 8 weeks of short term disability (with additional time if medically necessary) for a total of fourteen paid weeks.
- Other benefits information
- Time Inc. partners with Bright Horizons to provide high quality back-up child and elder care to all employees. Care may be center-based or in-home. We have a dedicated Center just steps away from our corporate headquarters at 225 Liberty Street, New York, NY. Our partnership with Bright Horizons also affords us access to their database to find regular care (our EAP also provides this service), childcare center discounts and preferred enrollments, dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA’s).
- Care-taking benefits information
- Aside from our generous vacation and leave policies, flexible work arrangements, work life assistance program, back-up child and eldercare, working parent support group and new parent coaching program mentioned in other sections, we also offer up to a week of paid leave to care for a seriously ill family member and an additional 11 weeks of unpaid leave under Family Medical Leave Act.