Caterpillar Inc. Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
Caterpillar Inc. offers 7 weeks of paid maternity leave, 6 weeks of unpaid maternity leave and 2 weeks of paid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Tips & Comments
6 7 Median 8Submit a Tip
Paid Maternity Leave (weeks)
6 6 67% Consensus 8Submit a Tip
Unpaid Maternity Leave (weeks)
2 100% ConsensusSubmit a Tip
Paid Paternity Leave (weeks)
? Unknown - please leave a tipSubmit a Tip
Unpaid Paternity Leave (weeks)
Industrial: Equipment Manufacturing Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Industrial: Equipment Manufacturing industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at Caterpillar Inc.
- Lady amyleigh 6 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Madam osborka 8 weeks paid 12 weeks unpaid
- Lady Saddyspot 8 weeks paid 6 weeks unpaid
- Lady Killinit 8 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady LivintheDream 8 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady DrivingInnovation 6 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady Magigale 6 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Dayindayout 8 weeks paid 8 weeks unpaid
- Shimpy 8 weeks paid 2 weeks unpaid
- working mom 6 weeks paid weeks unpaid
- WorkingMom 8 weeks paid 2 weeks unpaid
Caterpillar Inc. Maternity Leave Comments
- "Benefits are pretty good, but I think it is very male dominated and can be hard to get ahead. We value diversity, but I struggle with not offering a better maternity leave policy to combat the number of technical women who leave with the birth of a child." - Lady Saddyspot
- "There seems to be some secret code that must be broken in order to move up beyond Director level. I truly believe the company wants to improve in the gender equality space but just doesn't quite know how to get started in a way that won't feel like an effort to fill a quota. This might be one time that being so metrics driven is a bad thing. My fear is the tendency would be to "check the box" and move on. While the maternity policy is better than where I came from, it and other policies should be reviewed to better align with today's workforce. The company tends to value working insanely long hours more than it does efficiency and productivity. To be attractive to a younger and changing workforce Caterpillar's culture will have to change." - Lady LivintheDream
- "And recently they reevaluated maternity leave and reduced it by 6 weeks to give the whole organization 2 weeks of parental leave but starting the FMLA timer at the time of birth rather than after the 6 week maternity leave." - Dayindayout
- "Runs concurrently with FMLA which quickly exhausts the 12 weeks." - Shimpy
- "4 weeks paid if natural birth, 6 weeks paid if C-section in the US. But in other global offices, mothers get almost a year off. It would be nice if it was more consistent, although I have to say my local manager was very flexible about allowing me to work from home for 2 additional weeks. " - working mom
- "You can take 8 weeks paid and 8 weeks unpaid. " - WorkingMom
- "Upper is 4 weeks after 15 years with the company" - Dayindayout
- "It was updated in mid 2015 to two weeks parental leave which includes men" - Dayindayout
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typically during yo...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...