We crowdsource General Mills, Inc.'s maternity, paternity and parental leave policies, based on General Mills, Inc.'s employee reviews and anonymous tips from General Mills, Inc. employees.
General Mills, Inc. Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
General Mills, Inc. offers 6 weeks of paid maternity leave, 24 weeks of unpaid maternity leave, 2 weeks of paid paternity leave and 24 weeks of unpaid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Consumer Packaged Goods: Packaged Foods Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Consumer Packaged Goods: Packaged Foods industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at General Mills, Inc.
- Lady Soul
- 2 weeks paid
- 24 weeks unpaid
- Madam Gatsby
- 6 weeks paid
- 18 weeks unpaid
- Madam lifer
- 12 weeks paid
- 6 weeks unpaid
- 6 weeks paid
- 12 weeks unpaid
General Mills, Inc. Maternity Leave Comments
- "My experience is in the marketing function at GMI - I have witnessed women at all levels of the function in leadership, manager, and support roles. For this reason, I am always surprised GMI does not offer better maternity leave benefits. I attribute this to the fact that there is a daycare onsite, so the aim is to provide resources to get women back to work sooner." - Lady hendricks28
- "I've worked here for less than 5 years. The culture for women is far better here than the employer I left, but it is still discouraging to see women's careers plateau. In a recent round of promotions, all of the promotions went to men, and women were given more work without promotions. This might be an anomaly or just a coincidence but I found it very disheartening. Maternity leave could also be improved, only 2 weeks at full pay." - Lady Soul
- "If you have less than 5 yrs of service the mat leave policy is 2 full weeks paid and 4 weeks at 60%" - Mbamama
- "Part-time jobs were offered in the past." - Anonymous
- "Some telecommuting, option for telecommuting" - Anonymous
- "Occasional, alternative schedule" - Anonymous
- "Matches up to $500 annually in a dependent care FSA" - Empoweredchic71
- "You can take up to 6 months off, the STD portion is a paid benefit" - Empoweredchic71
- "Summer hours: by working a little bit longer M_Th, you can leave on Fridays at 12:30. " - Empoweredchic71
- "General Mills offers 2 fully paid weeks off for new moms. They also offer 2 weeks off for adoptive parents." - Anonymous
- "Company offers 2 fully paid weeks off for new dads." - Anonymous
- "Company backups childcare." - Anonymous
- "Company’s managers are trained to manage work/ life and flexibility concerns of employees." - Anonymous
- "Company employs 39 % of women and 38 % of new hires are also women. At General Mills 66 % of female employees participate in career counseling, 5% participate in management/ leadership trainings and 34 % participate in mentoring." - Anonymous
- "47% of managers and executives are women." - Anonymous