General Mills, Inc. Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
General Mills, Inc. offers 20 weeks of paid maternity leave, 0 weeks of unpaid maternity leave, 12 weeks of paid paternity leave and 8 weeks of unpaid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Tips & Comments
6 6 67% Consensus 12
? Unknown - please leave a tip
2 100% Consensus
? Unknown - please leave a tip
Consumer Packaged Goods: Packaged Foods Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Consumer Packaged Goods: Packaged Foods industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at General Mills, Inc.
- Lady Soul 2 weeks paid 24 weeks unpaid
- Madam Gatsby 6 weeks paid 18 weeks unpaid
- Madam lifer 12 weeks paid 6 weeks unpaid
- Mbamama 6 weeks paid 12 weeks unpaid
General Mills, Inc. Maternity Leave Comments
- "My experience is in the marketing function at GMI - I have witnessed women at all levels of the function in leadership, manager, and support roles. For this reason, I am always surprised GMI does not offer better maternity leave benefits. I attribute this to the fact that there is a daycare onsite, so the aim is to provide resources to get women back to work sooner." - Lady hendricks28
- "I've worked here for less than 5 years. The culture for women is far better here than the employer I left, but it is still discouraging to see women's careers plateau. In a recent round of promotions, all of the promotions went to men, and women were given more work without promotions. This might be an anomaly or just a coincidence but I found it very disheartening. Maternity leave could also be improved, only 2 weeks at full pay." - Lady Soul
- "If you have less than 5 yrs of service the mat leave policy is 2 full weeks paid and 4 weeks at 60%" - Mbamama
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typi...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...