General Motors Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
General Motors offers 6 weeks of paid maternity leave, 6 weeks of unpaid maternity leave and 0 weeks of paid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Automotive: Manufacturers Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Automotive: Manufacturers industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at General Motors
- balance Girl 12 weeks paid 12 weeks unpaid
- Lady anon928 6 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- coco 7 weeks paid 5 weeks unpaid
General Motors Maternity Leave Comments
- "Ask for what you want. If you are a strong performer in a progressive group, they will bend over backward to keep you with long maternity leaves and flex time when you return but you are the one who has to present a win-win solution." - balance Girl
- "I've worked at various departments for 7+ years. Some groups are male dominated and very inexperienced in issues such as maternity leave simply from lack of encountering it. Others are very diverse with family friendly policies. I think you have to take control of your route through the company to take you to the groups that are of most advantage to you at your stage in life, and if you find yourself unable to do so (ex. request for dept. transfer is blocked by manager) then it's time to sharpen the resume for interviewing elsewhere. Don't get stranded. It's the sort of place where you can blink and have spent more than 5 years in a department." - Madam Y
- "7 weeks @ 50%" - coco
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typically during yo...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...