General Motors Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
General Motors offers 6 weeks of paid maternity leave, 6 weeks of unpaid maternity leave and 0 weeks of paid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Automotive: Manufacturers Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Automotive: Manufacturers industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at General Motors
- balance Girl 12 weeks paid 12 weeks unpaid
- Lady anon928 6 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- coco 7 weeks paid 5 weeks unpaid
General Motors Maternity Leave Comments
- "Ask for what you want. If you are a strong performer in a progressive group, they will bend over backward to keep you with long maternity leaves and flex time when you return but you are the one who has to present a win-win solution." - balance Girl
- "I've worked at various departments for 7+ years. Some groups are male dominated and very inexperienced in issues such as maternity leave simply from lack of encountering it. Others are very diverse with family friendly policies. I think you have to take control of your route through the company to take you to the groups that are of most advantage to you at your stage in life, and if you find yourself unable to do so (ex. request for dept. transfer is blocked by manager) then it's time to sharpen the resume for interviewing elsewhere. Don't get stranded. It's the sort of place where you can blink and have spent more than 5 years in a department." - Madam Y
- "7 weeks @ 50%" - coco