The Gap, Inc. Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
The Gap, Inc. offers 20 weeks of paid maternity leave, 0 weeks of unpaid maternity leave, 12 weeks of paid paternity leave and 8 weeks of unpaid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Tips & Comments
0 6 Median 8
6 12 67% Consensus 12
? Unknown - please leave a tip
Retail: Shoes, Accessories and Apparel Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Retail: Shoes, Accessories and Apparel industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at The Gap, Inc.
- Lady rebecca 6 weeks paid 6 weeks unpaid
- Lady anon62 0 weeks paid 20 weeks unpaid
- Lady anon850 0 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
The Gap, Inc. Maternity Leave Comments
- "I have worked here for 5 years. Fairly treats men and women equally. Because of fashion emphasis, many women with children work here as the maternity leave is good, and the flex time is outstanding for someone with children. Art Peck, CEO, has also built a diverse leadership team with female brand presidents and division leaders." - Lady Ann M
- "There can be a great deal of work/life balance depending on which department you fall under. Maternity leave you can take a total of 20 weeks + any PTO time you have saved up. You have short term disability to partially pay for 8 of the weeks, otherwise it is generally unpaid." - Lady anon62
- "Great maternity leave benefits, family is very important." - Lady luckyduck31
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typi...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...