The Gap, Inc. Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
The Gap, Inc. offers 6 weeks of paid maternity leave, 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave and 0 weeks of paid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Tips & Comments
0 6 Median 8Submit a Tip
Paid Maternity Leave (weeks)
6 12 67% Consensus 12Submit a Tip
Unpaid Maternity Leave (weeks)
0 MedianSubmit a Tip
Paid Paternity Leave (weeks)
? Unknown - please leave a tipSubmit a Tip
Unpaid Paternity Leave (weeks)
Retail: Shoes, Accessories and Apparel Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Retail: Shoes, Accessories and Apparel industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at The Gap, Inc.
- Lady rebecca 6 weeks paid 6 weeks unpaid
- Lady anon62 0 weeks paid 20 weeks unpaid
- Lady anon850 0 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
The Gap, Inc. Maternity Leave Comments
- "I have worked here for 5 years. Fairly treats men and women equally. Because of fashion emphasis, many women with children work here as the maternity leave is good, and the flex time is outstanding for someone with children. Art Peck, CEO, has also built a diverse leadership team with female brand presidents and division leaders." - Lady Ann M
- "There can be a great deal of work/life balance depending on which department you fall under. Maternity leave you can take a total of 20 weeks + any PTO time you have saved up. You have short term disability to partially pay for 8 of the weeks, otherwise it is generally unpaid." - Lady anon62
- "Great maternity leave benefits, family is very important." - Lady luckyduck31
- "I work for corporate, and I am confirming that Gap Inc. does not offer ANY paid maternity leave in the state of CA, they claim it is Gap, but it is really California state disability. Additionally, the state of CA covers 4 weeks ahead of your due date, but HR consistently misleads and tells employee's it is only 2 weeks." - Anonymous