Outreach and Networking Groups
Several networking groups at Sandia have been formed by employees with common interests. The following groups are open to all employees and share a common goal of supporting, celebrating, retaining, and attracting a diverse workforce:
- Abilities Champions of Sandia
- American Indian Outreach Committee
- Asian Leadership & Outreach Committee
- Black Leadership Committee
- Christians in the Workplace Networking Group
- Hispanic Outreach for Leadership and Awareness
- Military Support Committee
- Sandia Pride Alliance Network
- Sandia Women's Action Network
Time away from work
- Vacation. Start accruing at a rate of three weeks per year, and watch your accrual rate increase as you reach service milestones.
- Holidays. Employees receive 11 paid holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Winter Shutdown (6 days), and Sandia’s observance of Energy Conservation Day (date varies from year to year).
- Sick leave, jury duty, maternity leave, and other paid time off. Take the days you need when you need them.
- Personal absence. Ask for time off to handle life issues, such as the adoption or birth of a child (both parents); voting; the care of a sick family member; medical and dental appointments, emergencies, and the death or serious illness of a relative or close friend.
- Job-protected, unpaid leave. Choose how to take leave granted by the Family and Medical Leave Act and California Family Rights Act — all at once, intermittently, or combined with vacation or flextime.
- Extended leave of absence. Request leave without pay for the following situations:
- Child, family, or medical care
- Military duty
- Personal or special reasons
Retirement – 401(k) Plan
- Employees may elect to contribute 2% to 75% of their eligible income, subject to IRS limitations, on a pretax, Roth, and/or after-tax basis
- Sandia will match 66 2/3% of the first 6% employees contribute each pay period. In addition to the company matching contribution, Sandia will automatically make a service-based contribution to eligible employee’s accounts of either 6% or 7%
- Both the company matching contribution and service-based contribution are subject to a three-year vesting service requirement