Lady Somersault

Strategy & Business Development

Top notch agency, amazing projects and clients, but people are expected and rewarded for being available and staying late. So having kids (read: being a MOM and traditionally primary caregiver) can impact you being selected to work on projects. Your schedule can be as flexible as you want it to be, BUT to really prosper in this environment you have to be available to work late hours.

Maternity leave was very stressful, at face value the benefit itself is very good, but there was very little transparency into the actual process. When I was there women didn't receive pay parity while on leave, it was some ridiculous "hourly rate" so paychecks were hundreds of dollars short and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get clarity and explanations from HR.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. When I left they were making a concerted effort to correct gender inequality issues in the office.

Fairyhelper

Director

Don't work here. They're are no women in leadership and the CEO is an actual misogynist. Stay away.

Good luck trying to raise a family while working here. They'll pigeon hole you into a job with no growth.

They had such an outdated policy that just because I didn't physically give birth to my newborn baby myself, they fought with me and only wanted to give me 1 week.

Lady highfive

N/A

Lady troanth

Sr. Project Manager

Delivery

Company culture favored those who spent more hours in the office. My female boss regularly worked 12+ hour days. If I was not in the office at least 10 hours, I would get emails/texts at home and be expected to respond immediately. The only members of senior management team who had children were men with stay-at-home wives. None of the women in management had children. In 2 years I worked at AKQA, no woman in my office got pregnant or had a child. No maternity benefits are offered past what was mandated in the Family & Medical Leave Act. One of my team members had a small child, and had to occasionally work from home if her child was sick. She always had to ask permission, while a male colleague on the same team who stayed home with a sick child did not. While leadership can vary from team to team, the management team never set appropriate guidelines for team managers to follow, which left the door open for many male managers to favor their male employees.

Lady slamzo

Account

Account

If we are going to change culture, we need more women willing to help the cause.

Lady kittyrawr

I'm not familiar with other departments. As far as Finance, it is majority women and is is a great group to work with. There isn't much room for career growth.

Maybe. My department is majority women. I don't what other women in other departments may say

Lady nycadvertising

Strategy

While there is a relatively even split of men and women in the junior and midlevel positions at this company, upper management is dominated but strong male personalities which I have heard described multiple times as 'a boys club'.

Maybe. If you're a confident go-getter used to working under male led management, yes.