Employee reviews at Bard Medical
"HR is very unsupportive of maternity leave. Example: Upon returning to work, I received an email from our HR contact stating, "1. Verify you returned to work today. 2 Submit a MD note confirming your ability to return to work. 3. Today is Oct. 7 and the pay-period for the 15th is already closed, so you won't see any pay until Oct. 30." Well, isn't that a lovely tone to come back to! None of this information was communicated beforehand and it was just a mismanaged process throughout. CR Bard is a 100+ year old company and there is still a prevalent "Good Ole' Boys" Club mindset. It is difficult for working women to attain serious leadership roles at this company because I don't truly believe management values or promotes the women in its' workforce."
Product Manager, Marketing
Would you recommend Bard Medical to other women?
"The saying, "people don't leave companies, they leave managers" is accurate here. If you have a female manager who has a family, you'll be much better off than working for a male with a stay-at-home wife who can't comprehend what it means to be a working Mom."