Bloomberg

Headquarters:New York, NY(United States)10,000+ Employees
3.8

"I have been openly discriminated against because of my gender. A male colleague in my department received a promotion even though he consistently received poor remarks on his work. I have worked at the company for over 4 years and although I get incredible feedback on my work and high marks on annual reviews, there has not been any promotion. And I had asked for/about it -- I have been very strategic and smart about working to advance myself at the company, but in general, most in management and above are white males."
"no details"
Would you recommend Bloomberg to other women?
"I've worked here for over 5 years and my experiences are positive. I have found that men and women are treated equally - work hard, and you'll be rewarded. You are expected to get your job done and put in a lot of energy, but if you're doing well they will accommodate your needs too. I've heard some stories of unflexible management but everyone I've worked with personally has been understanding and supportive, both of my career and my choices."
Software Developer, N/A
Would you recommend Bloomberg to other women?
"I've worked here for 10 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles although we have recently made strides with more women in manager positions. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them and male managers don't actively seek out informal networking with women. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time. I think managers place a high emphasis on face-time and being in office at 7:30 AM and leaving at 6PM which as opposed to being results oriented and understanding that parents can and work remotely in the evenings after kids are in bed."
Would you recommend Bloomberg to other women?
"I've worked here two years and like it."
Editor, N/A
Would you recommend Bloomberg to other women?
"I've worked here for 4 years and I do see a few women advancing in their careers but they clearly work twice as hard as the men in their same positions. I believe there are guidelines in place for fair treatment of women, so I don't think it's an issue of company policy. But day in day out, I feel there's an assumption made by the men in the company (especially white and older ones) that the women are there to assist them. For example, I've been asked to transcribe interviews for male reporters less experienced than me, do meeting minutes that male reporters were never asked to do and be the one to have difficult conversations with women colleagues. These aren't terrible tasks per se, but it goes to show how sexism remains prevalent in the workforce."
Reporter, N/A
Would you recommend Bloomberg to other women?
"It's a big company, my experiences might not reflect those working in other offices."