PoetEtoile

Bloomberg has unbelievable benefits - from free healthcare, to mothers' rooms, to events made for women to grow professionally and support one another.

whatitsreallylike

Amazing, smart people who care about each other and support one another. Feels great to work for a company that gives so much to help the world ($ and volunteer hours) - inspired by how we impact the world. Love working for a top brand. Great work spaces. Family focused. Excellent career opportunities. Almost no red tape - have an idea --> run with it.

• 5

Flexibility largely depends on what department you are in / who your manager is.
Workingmomusa

Good company but career stalls once pregnant. Most managers have stay at home wife's. Several women I know got demoted whIle on maternity leave or within a year of returning. HR is the watch dog to protect management.

• 5

Depends on the team and position
Anonymous - 12188 Sales

Dynamic environment and good policies in place but long hours and flexibility depends on immediate manager

I don't have children
Good policies in place but not always adhered too. Long hours can be inlflexible.
Fairygoodfriend

Great company with unparalleled benefits. Some sections of company (tv and news) are horrifically managed.

sopebox

A very forward thinking company which while does not emphasize high take home pay invests into other benefits that often benefit women.

Hellonyc

Zero work life balance with zero flexibility. I am usually the only female in meetings both internally and externally

sprinkle

Experiences here are likely very team-dependent. Benefits overall are fantastic and policies are family-friendly. However, as an ambitious mid-career woman, I am looking for a company that will recognize and reward good work generously.

Entry level roles offer a lot of great training and resources and prepare employees well for jobs in financial services. I can only speak to higher level roles in which career paths are more individualized.
SuperF Gurl

There is limited career growth for women. Low compensation. Good for mom since there are flexibility.

For single women there is limited career growth
Madam ProdMgr

I have been openly discriminated against because of my gender. A male colleague in my department received a promotion even though he consistently received poor remarks on his work. I have worked at the company for over 4 years and although I get incredible feedback on my work and high marks on annual reviews, there has not been any promotion. And I had asked for/about it -- I have been very strategic and smart about working to advance myself at the company, but in general, most in management and above are white males.

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Bloomberg in the past year?

• 100%

say gotten better

Expanded maternity and paternity leaves, greater focus on and accountability on senior leaders to demonstrate support for women and diversity and inclusion efforts.

• 0%

No comments yet.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review Bloomberg for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Bloomberg by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 37 reviews Company Website PoetEtoile whatitsreallylike Workingmomusa Fairygoodfriend sopebox Hellonyc sprinkle SuperF Gurl Madam ProdMgr