• Top rated company current
  • Top rated company 2016
  • Top rated company 2017
3.7

SuperF Gurl

There is limited career growth for women. Low compensation. Good for mom since there are flexibility.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. For single women there is limited career growth

Madam ProdMgr

I have been openly discriminated against because of my gender. A male colleague in my department received a promotion even though he consistently received poor remarks on his work. I have worked at the company for over 4 years and although I get incredible feedback on my work and high marks on annual reviews, there has not been any promotion. And I had asked for/about it -- I have been very strategic and smart about working to advance myself at the company, but in general, most in management and above are white males.

Lady Grantham

no details

Lady Whatserface

Software Developer

I've worked here for over 5 years and my experiences are positive. I have found that men and women are treated equally - work hard, and you'll be rewarded. You are expected to get your job done and put in a lot of energy, but if you're doing well they will accommodate your needs too. I've heard some stories of unflexible management but everyone I've worked with personally has been understanding and supportive, both of my career and my choices.

Madam Mumofkids

I've worked here for 10 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles although we have recently made strides with more women in manager positions. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them and male managers don't actively seek out informal networking with women. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time. I think managers place a high emphasis on face-time and being in office at 7:30 AM and leaving at 6PM which as opposed to being results oriented and understanding that parents can and work remotely in the evenings after kids are in bed.

Editor

I've worked here two years and like it.

Lady Pepe

Reporter

I've worked here for 4 years and I do see a few women advancing in their careers but they clearly work twice as hard as the men in their same positions. I believe there are guidelines in place for fair treatment of women, so I don't think it's an issue of company policy. But day in day out, I feel there's an assumption made by the men in the company (especially white and older ones) that the women are there to assist them. For example, I've been asked to transcribe interviews for male reporters less experienced than me, do meeting minutes that male reporters were never asked to do and be the one to have difficult conversations with women colleagues. These aren't terrible tasks per se, but it goes to show how sexism remains prevalent in the workforce.

Maybe. It's a big company, my experiences might not reflect those working in other offices.

Lady ladyproducer

Producer

This company has excellent benefits, especially when it comes to having children. It allows 2 months for partners, and 4.5 months for women who have a baby. That said, the culture at bloomberg is odd at best. It's very formal, secretive, and at times harsh. It definitely is not a place where creativity or a free-flow of ideas flourishes. It's more of a do your job, do it well and stay under the radar place.

Lady Tiger

Event Operations

I could not have asked for a better experience at Bloomberg. I started as a temp in customer service, was converted to perm after a month, and was promoted after 3 months. A year later I was presented with two fantastic opportunities to join different teams within the company. I moved into event operations, taking on a role far beyond my skill set and comfort level, but my manager took a chance on me and let me shine. Bloomberg opened so many doors for me. I'm forever grateful for such a supportive environment that rewarded hard work. Also, the health and 401k benefits here are unparalleled. One of my colleagues who had 3 children was also permitted to have a flexible work arrangement where she had every other Friday off.

Lady Bella123

Great maternity leave and benefits. Long work days and little flexibility