Lady anon921 Editor

I've worked here two years and like it.

Lady Pepe Reporter

I've worked here for 4 years and I do see a few women advancing in their careers but they clearly work twice as hard as the men in their same positions. I believe there are guidelines in place for fair treatment of women, so I don't think it's an issue of company policy. But day in day out, I feel there's an assumption made by the men in the company (especially white and older ones) that the women are there to assist them. For example, I've been asked to transcribe interviews for male reporters less experienced than me, do meeting minutes that male reporters were never asked to do and be the one to have difficult conversations with women colleagues. These aren't terrible tasks per se, but it goes to show how sexism remains prevalent in the workforce.

It's a big company, my experiences might not reflect those working in other offices.
Lady ladyproducer Producer

This company has excellent benefits, especially when it comes to having children. It allows 2 months for partners, and 4.5 months for women who have a baby. That said, the culture at bloomberg is odd at best. It's very formal, secretive, and at times harsh. It definitely is not a place where creativity or a free-flow of ideas flourishes. It's more of a do your job, do it well and stay under the radar place.

Lady Tiger Event Operations

I could not have asked for a better experience at Bloomberg. I started as a temp in customer service, was converted to perm after a month, and was promoted after 3 months. A year later I was presented with two fantastic opportunities to join different teams within the company. I moved into event operations, taking on a role far beyond my skill set and comfort level, but my manager took a chance on me and let me shine. Bloomberg opened so many doors for me. I'm forever grateful for such a supportive environment that rewarded hard work. Also, the health and 401k benefits here are unparalleled. One of my colleagues who had 3 children was also permitted to have a flexible work arrangement where she had every other Friday off.

Lady Bella123

Great maternity leave and benefits. Long work days and little flexibility

Lady maryland Sales Rep, Sales

It is a unique culture that expects alot out of you. Great benefits including 18 weeks paid maternity leave and health insurance is 100% covered.

Lady Wonder Manager, Core Terminal

Its a great company to work for.

Lady Editrix Bloomberg News

Can be somewhat of a "boys' club," depending on the team leader.

Lady DD

Bloomberg's famous for its golden handcuffs: good pay, 18 weeks of paid maternity leave, free health/dental/vision for you and all of your dependents, free snacks, great 401k, and 20 vacation days for everyone. But the company culture permits aggression, intimidation, and disrespect that is difficult for even the most confident of women to deal with. There are vastly more men than women in leadership roles and limited opportunities for advancement. Bloomberg consistently loses its top performers, male or female. There are a tremendous amount of internal roadblocks to getting things done. You might hear this from more than one person about the company: "All the good ones go, but the best ones leave."

Great benefits but poor culture that favors men over women.
Lady Ladylaw Citator, Global Data

I've worked here for 3 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Your TL might be great, but above that management is roundly seen as ineffective. The lone woman is not the kind to look out for other women.

Perhaps in other departments

Women Review Bloomberg for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Bloomberg by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 34 reviews Company Website Lady anon921 Lady Pepe Lady ladyproducer Lady Tiger Lady Bella123 Lady maryland Lady Wonder Lady Editrix Lady DD Lady Ladylaw