Lady mediamavennyc Sales, Media

The infrastructure and benefits within the company are great. However, it is definitely run by the old guard and unless you have a dynamic manager gunning for you, you will not rise above the level you were hired at. Great training ground for young people and a good place to work and leave for older people with kids but if you are looking to grow your career you will most likely run in to a wall after 2-3 years.

Lady CupofJoe

This can be a very good place to work depending on your manager and your group. I've found it to be very supportive before and after maternity leave, in large part due to my managers within my group. I've also found the lactation resources (rooms) very good upon my return from leave.

Lady Neversaynever

This is an amazing company. People want each other to succeed and care about your career progression as much as you do. There are many opportunities but as with any extremely successful company, you have to work for it and compete against very talented people. It is how it should be.

Lady singleworkingmom Account Manager, Sales

Not a great place for working mothers or single mothers to work. No flexibility and too many male leaders whose wives are stay at home moms. They do not understand the needs and contributions of a working mother.

If they do not have or want children. Very difficult place for working moms, yet alone single mom like myself.
Lady DrivenLady15 Consumer Marketing Associate, Media

Working at BBG is amazing. There is so much flexibility and I believe everyone is treated fairly. There are an incredible amount of perks and I would recommend working at Bloomberg to anyone.

Lady Capella Software Developer, R&D

Bloomberg is awesome in policy but can be tricky to navigate in practice. The benefits, including health insurance, maternity leave, and other family-friendly perks, are great.. Flex time exists but can be tough to get, and your hours have a way of growing without bound if you don't keep a firm handle on things. In general - and this may be R&D specific, because women comprise about 20% of developers, typically the most junior ones - you have to push hard for what you want. But the boys' club effect is pretty mild and, while I'm usually the only woman in any meeting I attend, most people are able to treat me as an equal.

If you're looking to work in the financial or tech industries in New York City, Bloomberg is a good place to be. I'm not sure I'd recommend working in the financial or tech industries in New York City, though.
Lady Munchkingo Bloomberg Intelligence

Depending on your department and managers, it can be great. It has a reputation as and still is a boys' club. But the company is moving in the right direction and has tremendous resources behind it. Paid maternity leave is now 18 weeks. Plus you can take 4 unpaid. Healthcare is amazing and free. There are great resources to work from home and HR will work with you to set a flex schedule so that can be a regular part of your week. The hours are long. At least 9-hour days. But you are treated well, again depending on the department.

Lady Green12

Depending on your position flexible work arrangements may be available - it depends on your team and some roles don't have a history of allowing people to work flexibly.

Lady anon312 Reporter

Been at this company for over five years. This is a great company for people who have families. 37.5 hour work weeks. Rarely have to work overtime. Guaranteed yearly increases. Probably the worst thing about the company is the maternity leave: three weeks paid. Other than that, it's been a good place to work. The work can get a little monotonous though. But that could just be my department.

Girly Girl Director

There is an old guard of people who have worked at the company for a very long time and they make it very difficult for new employees to penetrate the highest rank of the culture unless you are hired from the outside directly into a top role. The perception is that you have to be an aggressive part of an all-male, older inner circle in order to succeed at the very highest levels here. If you're just trying to advance to middle management, its possible and fine for women.

Women Review Bloomberg for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Bloomberg by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.7 stars, based on 33 reviews Company Website Lady mediamavennyc Lady CupofJoe Lady Neversaynever Lady singleworkingmom Lady DrivenLady15 Lady Capella Lady Munchkingo Lady Green12 Lady anon312 Girly Girl