" It operates under a culture of fear and gaslighting, I have seen people get stress ulcers from the horrible work environment. I saw 18 people out of 27 people leave within a year. I' honestly feel like this workplace gives you PTSD. I have also seen HR complicit in the abuse in which they will lie or make up things even if you have proof otherwise in order to deny you. HR has also restructured the entire workforce 3 times in one year, and combined 2 jobs into one but not even give you a one cent raise. If you have ever wanted to know what it feels like to be in an abusive and toxic relationship, go work here. They are very racist and just utterly the worst parts of high school mean girls and worst parts of humanity combined. Imagine the type of 50-year old women who refer to high school interns as "skinterns". Imagine the pettiest women in the world and the most two faced women. That;s your coworkers. You get no support, no training and it is a culture where everyone seeks to screw you over. I have worked in so many places and I would honestly rather be stabbed than work here for one more day.Do not trust their two faced personalities. You will literally be constantly abused and back stabbed. STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY "
One thing Bloomingdale's can improve?
"Literally get rid of the entire HR staff and have a completely new company culture. It operates under a culture of fear and gaslighting, I have seen people get stress ulcers from the horrible work environment. I saw 18 people out of 27 people leave within a year. I' honestly feel like this workplace gives you PTSD. I have also seen HR complicit in the abuse in which they will lie or make up things even if you have proof otherwise in order to deny you. HR has also restructured the entire workforce 3 times in one year, and combined 2 jobs into one but not even give you a one cent raise. If you have ever wanted to know what it feels like to be in an abusive and toxic relationship, go work here."
Assistant Buyer, Retail
"Literally stay far away as you can"
"maternity leave is ok but everyone will make you pay for it when you come back"
Would you recommend Bloomingdale's to other women?
"It's pretty good. Old-school place, but good maternity leave and PTO after a year."
"not sure"
Would you recommend Bloomingdale's to other women?
"Work hard and speak up if you feel that your work is not being acknowledged. It's a tough retail landscape so yearly raises are not reflective of your contributions."
"not sure"
One thing Bloomingdale's can improve?
"Think this varies by team, but recently the company instituted a work from home policy and other flexible work arrangements due to low morale and high turnover"
Would you recommend Bloomingdale's to other women?
"Experience varies by department and team"
"Research the company before applying and know what you putting yourself into "
B Kids, Retail
Would you recommend Bloomingdale's to other women?
"Good employer. Almost all women. Only downside is getting on managements bad side. Promotions are often based on who they like vs merit. "
One thing Bloomingdale's can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Merchandise Planner, Retail
"Bloomingdales recently enacted a flex work policy in the corporate office. You can shift your hours to fit your needs (8-5 or come in late/leave early during the weeks) and have the option to work from home up to 2 days per week. "
Would you recommend Bloomingdale's to other women?
"This is a great place while young and unencumbered by familial obligations. "
Would you recommend Bloomingdale's to other women?
"If you have children, then any retailer is not family friendly. You'll work all hours (executives too) and rewards are little."
1 - 5 of 11