Bloomingdale's www.bloomingdales.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Bloomingdale's?
username1

This is a great place while young and unencumbered by familial obligations.

If you have children, then any retailer is not family friendly. You'll work all hours (executives too) and rewards are little.
formeremployee Buyer, Women's Shoes

Be careful, it may seem great at the start, but men are pronoted faster than women to executive positions

Lady Czarina Digital

On the digital team, men are routinely paid more than women for the exact same job. I echo what other women have said about the reviews: I was often given feedback about changing my approach that would never have been given to men while bad behavior from men was tolerated and rewarded. The health benefits are terrible. It's a huge company so they provide the same benefits to corporate employees as they do for retail employees and they are not family friendly. They covered exactly $0 of my fertility testing and treatment. To quote a male coworker: "There's something very wrong with a company that has so many female employees but actively discourages parenthood." I believe their maternity leave is 6 weeks at partial pay.

Lady HappiNess

Once you reach a certain level - you are stuck. There's very little time spent nurturing or developing your career at this company. Promotions are basically based on favoritism and nepotism.

Madam MB

Bloomingdale's is a company of women run by a boys' club at the top. There are few female senior executives in the company, even fewer with children. There is also an unfortunate tolerance for unprofessional behavior and misconduct. A tip: For three months following maternity leave, select pyramids (RTW and Men's) allow for working from home on Fridays. This is typically negotiated directly with a manager, and is not communicated as an official policy.

There are many women working within the company; but men are consistently in more powerful, higher paid roles. Also, sexist feedback is often given to females in management roles (Be warmer and friendlier with your team) and not with males.

Women Review Bloomingdale's for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Bloomingdale's by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

1.7 stars, based on 6 reviews Company Website username1 formeremployee Lady Czarina Lady HappiNess Madam MB Lady anon407