Cerner Corporation

LLS9305

Engagement Owner

Customer Service

Cerner is a fantastic place to work if you can stick it out for the first few years. It isn't the type of place were they offer flexible schedule to a new employee unless you worked that out with your manager first or you are hired onto a senior team. If you work there for a few years, you can build the rapport with your manager or find a manager that may allow flexible schedules or working from home. I'm fortunate that I am allowed to work 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM during the week and jump on for an hour or two at night to catch up if I've missed anything. I have worked at Cerner for 6+ years though. If my child is sick, I can work from home with her here. Cerner has a fantastic maternity navigation program while you are pregnant. They offer classes onsite, help you navigate all the stages of pregnancy and early motherhood. I do agree they could have a more competitive paid maternity leave as right now it is only 6 or 8 weeks paid through Short Term Disability. After you give birth, you can attend free lactation consultations. Also Cerner offers very nice mother rooms at most of their campus'. Overall I would recommend this company to other women.

Once you've worked at Cerner for a few years, you can find roles that are more flexible than others. Most the people I work with have children including my boss. I'm allowed to work from home if needed and shape my working hours around my children's drop off/pick up schedule. I've worked here for 6+ years though. In my early career years, it was less flexible.

I had a c-section so 8 weeks were paid for Short Term Disability. Then I had to use 4 weeks of saved PTO for the remaining weeks. Unfortunately many women at Cerner have to take unpaid leave if they don't have enough PTO saved.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

ipgirl

IT

Cerner is a great place to work. There are a lot of good perks and some managers are very family friendly. The huge drawback in a poor, uncompetitive maternity leave. I don't know that I would recommend Cerner to someone who is thinking of starting, or growing, a family.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Lady dearjulia

Support Analyst

One thing I have noticed in the short amount of time that I've worked here is that the team leads for the Help Desk are predominately male.

Lady WerkFlow

At my company there are a lot of women and a lot of women in management and executive roles. However, within my department I would say it is definitely more male dominated. I've consistently seen males promoted more. I also know of a number of males who have been in lower positions as myself, employed in the same roles for the same amount of time as myself, and got paid significantly more.

Maybe. Things are a lot worse at other companies, I'm sure. This company isn't terrible but it isn't perfect.