Employee reviews at Cerner Corporation

Cerner Corporation

3.4

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"Although there is flexibility in the full time position, there are really no opportunities to go part time, making it difficult after having children to stay at the company. As far as the way women and men are treated, it is such a big company it totally depends on the part of the company you are in."

Want to

"There's alot of perks, but it's not very family-friendly in terms of work-life balance"
One thing Cerner Corporation can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Software Quality Analyst, Engineering
Policies, Culture
10 Weeks Paid | 2 Weeks Unpaid
"Leave is only paid with FMLA up to 6 weeks if a vaginal birth, but if you want the rest of your leave paid, you have to supplement it with your earned PTO"
"Maybe"

Want to

"They do not value work life balance and they will preach that to you forcing you to make a decision...Family or Paycheck"
One thing Cerner Corporation can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Senior Revenue Accountant, Finance
"You have to work New Year's Day and Fourth of July if you are in Finance"

Want to

"Cerner is a fantastic place to work if you can stick it out for the first few years. It isn't the type of place were they offer flexible schedule to a new employee unless you worked that out with your manager first or you are hired onto a senior team. If you work there for a few years, you can build the rapport with your manager or find a manager that may allow flexible schedules or working from home. I'm fortunate that I am allowed to work 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM during the week and jump on for an hour or two at night to catch up if I've missed anything. I have worked at Cerner for 6+ years though. If my child is sick, I can work from home with her here. Cerner has a fantastic maternity navigation program while you are pregnant. They offer classes onsite, help you navigate all the stages of pregnancy and early motherhood. I do agree they could have a more competitive paid maternity leave as right now it is only 6 or 8 weeks paid through Short Term Disability. After you give birth, you can attend free lactation consultations. Also Cerner offers very nice mother rooms at most of their campus'. Overall I would recommend this company to other women. "
One thing Cerner Corporation can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"Once you've worked at Cerner for a few years, you can find roles that are more flexible than others. Most the people I work with have children including my boss. I'm allowed to work from home if needed and shape my working hours around my children's drop off/pick up schedule. I've worked here for 6+ years though. In my early career years, it was less flexible."
12 Weeks Paid | 0 Weeks Unpaid
"I had a c-section so 8 weeks were paid for Short Term Disability. Then I had to use 4 weeks of saved PTO for the remaining weeks. Unfortunately many women at Cerner have to take unpaid leave if they don't have enough PTO saved. "

Want to

"Cerner is a great place to work. There are a lot of good perks and some managers are very family friendly. The huge drawback in a poor, uncompetitive maternity leave. I don't know that I would recommend Cerner to someone who is thinking of starting, or growing, a family. "

Want to

"At my company there are a lot of women and a lot of women in management and executive roles. However, within my department I would say it is definitely more male dominated. I've consistently seen males promoted more. I also know of a number of males who have been in lower positions as myself, employed in the same roles for the same amount of time as myself, and got paid significantly more."
Solution Architect, AMS