CliftonLarsonAllen

www.claconnect.com/

Kickboxer712

Senior Auditor

Accounting

Getting public accounting experience here is great - you’ll audit a variety of clients and learn a lot. Just be prepared to give a lot of your personal time (lots of travel weeks, and required Saturdays during busy season) to the firm. Since the firm generally pay below market value of what you could make at another accounting firm or industry, I view working here as a stepping stone to get me the experience I need to pivot into an industry accounting role.

Flexibility on a day-to-day basis is actually very good - most managers are fine if you need to arrive late or leave early to take care of a personal appointment, as long as you make sure your work gets done. However, on a longer-term basis, its hard to control the weeks that you travel out of town, which can be difficult to plan your personal life around.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. The amount of travel required for working as an auditor at CLA can be very demanding, and has had a large impact on my relationship with my husband. I think I couldve done the travel when I was fresh out of college and single, but it’s not a sustainable part of working here. I don’t have kids yet, but see the required travel being very challenging for moms.

Management are open to women in leadership positions, but that doesn't necessarily manifest itself in a lot of areas. Maternity policy isn't as good as it is at other, similar firms.

One week paid paternal leave at 100%, 6 weeks disability pay at 60% (changes with time at firm) for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for cesarean. FMLA up to 12 weeks unpaid

Maybe. The culture is good and they offer a lot of flexibility to their employees in terms of working from home. But their benefits are on the lower end for the industry and the C-Suite is pretty much an old-boy's club.