Employee reviews at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center

Contra Costa Regional Medical Center

"I have been in this job for 15 years from when I was single to getting married and having a kid. They are very flexible on times here and supportive."
One thing Contra Costa Regional Medical Center can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Therapist Aide, Healthcare
Would you recommend Contra Costa Regional Medical Center to other women?
"Maternity leave policies depend on your role and the union representing you. Physicians do NOT get paid maternity leave as a rule, but residents are able to use elective time for a limited maternity leave and keep their paycheck (although do need to do some make-up work to compensate for time off, and aren't generally able to take any more than 8 weeks). Attendings do NOT get paid leave, and most need to take FMLA time plus max their vacation in order to get a reasonable leave. Often extended unpaid leave is possible for attendings who aren't relying on their paychecks."
Resident Physician, Family Medicine
Would you recommend Contra Costa Regional Medical Center to other women?
"Residency is a mess in terms of work/life balance and being present in relationships, regardless of where you are. But for a family medicine residency, CCFP's hours are particularly strenuous and demanding, making work/life balance near impossible. If you plan to have a pregnancy during residency, I recommend looking elsewhere. If you plan to focus on medicine exclusively and want to learn a wide variety of skills, this program is great"