Cordell & Cordell

cordellcordell.com

LegalAdvisor

Attorney/Lawyer

Legal

With a firm of about 200 attorneys at least 3/4 are women. However, almost every male attorney is promoted within a couple years.

Most offices are flexible. Occasionally one of its offices will frown upon the flexibility. With any nationwide firm it can vary.

They offer 10 weeks of paid maternity leave for attorneys that have been with the firm 6 months or longer.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Promote people with actual management skills.

Associate Attorney

I worked with Cordell for 4 years as an associate attorney. In general I think the firm treated women fairly by providing adequate maternity leave and opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately the client base is heavily male which impacts the work environment significantly. Although I am a seasoned attorney I was regularly addressed by clients in a patriarchal manner and unable to take any action to address the issue. This imbalance left me frustrated and ultimately caused me to leave the firm.

Maybe. The firm structure and benefits are apt to change on the whim of the partners making it very difficult to anticipate your benefits.