Corning Incorporated

"Great post kids for women, but not great during childbearing years. Could use more women in leadershi . "
"not sure"
Manager, Engineering
Would you recommend Corning Incorporated to other women?
"Maternity (6wks) and paternity (none) benefits are lacking, so I would not recommend it you are planning to get pregnant. However, job flexibility is good, so acceptable once you have had kids. "
"As a woman, I always feel respected in the workplace. I do not feel that my needs as a working mother are negatively effecting my career in the least. In fact, I believe my status as a working mother is celebrated by my employer. "
One thing Corning Incorporated can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Hr Analyst, Human Resources
Would you recommend Corning Incorporated to other women?
"Corning has pay equity and that is hard to find. You will still run into the old boys network from time-to-time though. If you don't need maternity leave or expensive dental procedures, then it's not bad. In the Corning Valley, there is a shortage of pre-school special education teachers and the health care quality is not top-notch, so if you have a sick or special needs kid, take that into consideration. Otherwise, there are good day care centers, cheap after school care, and also good senior living communities. Just enough sports and other activities to keep most kids happy."
One thing Corning Incorporated can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"It depends on the type of job and location of the job. Corning is very diverse in the types of jobs it has and the location of the jobs: Manufacturing (union labor), Research (hard-core science that requires a PhD), lawyers, finance, IT, food services, marketing, etc. and many U.S. locations but also lots of locations overseas (mainly Europe and Asia). Everyone has a different set of rules, so it would be impossible to make a blanket statement for the whole company. If the job is exempt, white collar, and is in the Corning Valley in NY, then there is usually some flexibility."
Would you recommend Corning Incorporated to other women?
"Very diverse (women & minorities) company at its major research center. However, recently took a step backwards with maternity leave policy, going from 6-8 weeks of paid disability and up to 26 weeks of unpaid leave to the same paid disability but with only the FMLA minimum of 12. Has very helpful lactation programs for non-traveling moms. Still gender segregated at highest levels, but there does not appear to be a gender bias for promotions/pay scale."
Research Scientist, N/A