Dow Chemical http://www.dow.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Dow Chemical?
Ghylju

If you are in operations you will run into quite a few men who will belittle you in some way. A lot of them are older and see nothing wrong with calling you little pet names or not believing what you say. However a lot of other people take you seriously. A very mixed bag. Also probably has something to do with being in the south. Management can have the same attitude though which can get discouraging.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews
It depends on which part of the company you work for. Operations is not equal for women
Lady Birdess

I worked there for 5 years. The flexibility and level of job responsibility is phenomenal but when it comes time to advance or move up the career ladder, women are often passed over even if not married with no kids.

It's great for flexibility for new moms. If you are looking to climb the career ladder, then pass
Lady jsmkh

I've worked here for over 1 year. They claim that there are many women in leadership, but most are in middle-management and I've heard a lot of talk about them behind their back from their direct reports, other women leaders, other men leaders, etc. It's quite discouraging. You have to be a little crass and be "one of the boys" to fit in, especially in some departments. It's very obvious that you are treated differently. It takes a while to earn the respect of the operators and of other engineers when you are a new graduate and a young women here. Some still do not ask me for technical advice even though I own the process and have made good engineering recommendations, etc. They ask the other male engineers in the department, who then defer to me.

Lady Dondo Manufacturing & Engineering

This company has good benefits (health insurance, paid maternity leave). They even lend out breast pumps. However, there can be a "good old boys" culture in the plants. Corporate bureaucracy and talking heads are rampant.

Good maternity leave but soul-crushing corporate culture.
Lady Blackwood Customer Service

Men with less experience but with the "proper" degree are promoted over women with more (many years) experience. There is a "boy's

Lady Marathon K

I have worked here for three years and on the surface it seems like there is no gender bias. However, sometimes I wonder because I had very negative experiences being the new woman on a project with men who had been around for longer who clearly kept pushing me away and seemed threatened instead of using my talents and including me in meetings and discussions. I also feel like I cannot be assertive without it being viewed negatively and me getting called a bad team player, but men at my level can act far more assertive than me and their behavior is encouraged.

There are theortically endless oppurtunities, but the politics needed to sucessfully navigate a large company can be overwhealming.

Women Review Dow Chemical for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Dow Chemical by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.7 stars, based on 6 reviews Company Website Ghylju Lady Birdess Lady jsmkh Lady Dondo Lady Blackwood Lady Marathon K