Farmers Insurance

"Insurance is still a predominantly male field. That being said, some of the best agents in my district are women and there's a lot to be said for the approach of a woman to sensitive subjects- people are more likely to trust women when it comes to talking about their financial protections. "
Agency Development Manager, Human Resources
"Work can be flexible for appointments, obligations, etc. I don't have kids so I'm not sure if they would allow working hours to change."
Would you recommend Farmers Insurance to other women?
"Very family friendly employer. Culture is great for families and people wanting a large work-life balance."
One thing Farmers Insurance can improve?
"Create opportunities for advancement that align with motivations and work effort. Do not stick to a strict "time in a position" policy if a person is more than capable to handle the next position."
, Product
Would you recommend Farmers Insurance to other women?
"Great opportunities; Women's Inclusion Network allows men and women to network/collaborate."
Analyst, Strategy & Business Development
Would you recommend Farmers Insurance to other women?
"Great place to work if you’re a working parent. At least it is in the areas I manage. "
Would you recommend Farmers Insurance to other women?
"The company is embracing some serious inclusion ideas now and spending a fair amount of time, money and resources sending managers and supervisors to 2 day “experiences” over the course of the next 8+ months. So if they truly want to walk the walk when it comes to equal opportunities for all, maybe things will improve in the next year or so. Only time will tell but they are seemingly trying to level the playing field."
"It is sometimes impossible to get to everything in a given day and its hard to leave work at work"
One thing Farmers Insurance can improve?
"Be more consistent with processes; less change in policy"
"Some departments offer flex time but not all. Some also offer the option to work from home"
Would you recommend Farmers Insurance to other women?
"It depends on what department they are seeking employment in. Claims positions are demanding and not as flexible. They are definitely not for everyone"
"Like many insurance companies, senior management is almost exclusively male, except for the head of HR (the original pink ghetto). Senior management is mostly male and not diverse at all. This company has a history of underpaying women and minorities (they've been sued for it) and regularly reviews salaries to make sure the pay band matches the title. Surprise! I found out that I was getting a $17K raise because my pay didn't match the band for my assigned title. Basically they gave me the title without the commensurate pay. While I'm grateful that the company had mechanisms in place to correct the imbalance, I'm pretty sure they only did it because they had been sued before and were forced to do it."
Would you recommend Farmers Insurance to other women?
"Other departments may be better than mine was, but wouldn't recommend if you were seeking to move into senior management"