Package Handler

Most of the employees (including management and upper management ) are men. There are women employed here but I say less than 10% of employees are female. It's a laborious job and does require a lot of frequent, heavy lifting. Men and women will help you lift a package if you need the assistance, but it is a job for a woman that is physically fit or has the desire to be fit. Since I've been working here I've improved my strength significantly. When I first started it was difficult for me to lift 30 pounds above my head, but it was doable. Now I'm lifting 60 pounds, 70 pounds above my head so my strength and stamina has improved, which is great! They are very flexible with vacation, and school. I've received 5 pay raises since I began and now make $2/hour more than when I was hired. They also offer health insurance for part-time employees and full-time (full coverage for both) for $20.00 and depending on your coverage (if you get all dental, vision and health) can be as low as $10/month. They also give college students $1,500/year with grade reports submitted. So they do support education for their employees. There is no dress code, just wear something that isn't too baggy because you could be seriously injured if you wear baggy clothes as a package handler. In the winter it can be brutal because it isn't well heated. Even though there is heat the dock doors are opening and closing often with trucks leaving and coming so be prepared to be cold or spend some money on winter clothes (Carhartt suits are recommended). Other than that it's a great place to work.

Truck Driver

some managers treated women very different than the men coworkers

Project Manager

Information Technology

Unless your age is 21 - 35, or you are a lesbian, I would not recommend working here. There is no promotion of women into management because of the off-shore out-sourcing to India. Even if you confidentially approach management with any issue, you are black-balled. Management has a party line about Living PSP (People, Service, Profit), but their actions and decisions are completely counter to their words.

Delivery Driver

Home Delivery

It's a great place to work.

That it's a good company to work for, but if you are minority or women you have a lot of hurdles to jump.