The company didn't speak up much about diversity & inclusion. There are not many women in leadership positions, it felt like a very "male dominated" company, and the men in charge don't seem to value diversity & inclusion very much. They seemed to do the minimum (ensuring the hiring/promotion process is fair) and nothing more. They did not budge on expanding benefits that would help attract and retain women - paid parental leave, flex time, unlimited sick/family sick leave. There are a few managers who allow more flexibility and support D&I, but it is not a value of the company as a whole.

I worked in the Salem, Oregon office as an engineer. The company does not officially allow or promote working from home, it is expected for everyone to work in the office approximately "normal" working hours (8am-5pm +/- 2hrs). Sick leave must be taken out of PTO time. Projects are typically behind schedule which adds pressure to work more than 40 hour work weeks.

When I worked there, Garmin required you to use all of your PTO first, then use FMLA/STD leave (most likely 6 weeks ~60% salary, then remaining time unpaid). This will leave you coming back to work after having a baby with zero PTO time to use for sick leave (very likely with a new baby) and appointments.

Garmin is an amazing company, that supports diversity and inclusion and has a actively engaged women's business forum that helps and supports other females connect, learn and grow.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Product Support Specialist

Automotive Product Support

This is a pretty dead end job. Raises are nearly non existent. Being pregnant and working here was difficult. Pumping at work was difficult. HR here don't know their own policies and they will not admit when they make mistakes. They say they are supportive of mothers and pumping and family. That is not how I have been treated.

Maybe. I don't know if I would recommend to men or women.