Guilford County Schools gcsnc.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Guilford County Schools?
Lady RubyLou Teacher

I was able to take a long maternity leave (12 weeks paid, 2 weeks unpaid) because I worked for the district for 9 years and had plenty of time accrued. If I hadn't, I would have had 6-8 weeks maximum. Maternity leave is taken from your sick days, so if you don't have 6-8 weeks of days saved, you will have to borrow from co-workers or go unpaid. I believe overall, women are treated fairly within the district, but at certain schools there is favoritism towards males in a female-dominated industry. Also, it seems that within the district, those from minority backgrounds are sought after for leadership positions.

If you have plenty of time accrued, maternity leave is great. If not, 6-8 weeks it the maximum (depending on C-section).

Women Review Guilford County Schools for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Guilford County Schools by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 1 reviews Company Website Lady RubyLou