Haynes and Boone, LLP

The Chief Marketing Officer employs suspicious management practices on female employees who take maternity leave.

My duties were greatly diminished while on leave. I was informed of this approximately three weeks before returning to work. My significant projects, which were being covered by colleagues during my leave, would remain with those colleagues. I would return to work and fulfill the duties of one of the employees that I had managed prior to taking leave (it was decided to not rehire for the position, instead to give me the duties). I would still manager tow other employees who did the same duties, and retain my title and salary.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. I would caution them to keep their eyes wide open should they take short term disability (especially for childbirth)

Lady I'mGoingtoaLake

Associate/Of Counsel

Corporate

This firm says it's committed to supporting working mothers and "diversity" (which includes women?!) but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Women who have children while employed here are marginalized upon returning from leave. HR is incompetent and completely unresponsive regarding even the most basic questions about leave and benefits. Flextime isn't allowed. They do give you a Haynes & Boone picture frame though when you have a baby. So that's something. My advice to women thinking about working here is to stay away unless you know that children aren't in your plans.