Institute of International Education

www.iie.org

Lady NYC123

No one seems to advance and everyone seems unhappy. Sometimes you just need a job, but there seems to be a lot of turnover.

Maybe. It's a job that really allows you to stick to your schedule -- no staying late or coming in early. If that's important to you, it might be worth it. Other than that, they don't do a good job of promoting from within or even recognizing accomplishments.

Madam Anonymous

Most people who work here are women, yet, like many companies, quite a bit of the leadership is men. However, I do feel respected and feel that my opinions are heard and taken into consideration. Maternity benefits are quite good and depend on length of service. After 1 year, you can take 3 weeks fully paid and 9 weeks at 60% pay, and this increases after two years to 6 weeks at 100% and 12 weeks at 60%. IIE keeps contributing to 401k (prorated) and insurance. 401k contribution is 7.5% starting after 1 year of service, and you're fully vested after that year. No need to match. Many people work on a 7 hour day, but telecommuting is not yet the norm and neither are flex schedules, so I am not sure how difficult it is to work here after having kids. Most people do seem to leave by 5 or 5:30, however, and there is no expectation that you stay late.

Program Officer

Student Exchanges

It's a non profit and the majority of employees are women. I've never been pregnant but I have many colleagues who are and the maternity leave benefits are exceptional. I would reccomend this to married women who don't need to make a high salary and want to have a child.