Institute of International Education

www.iie.org

Lady NYC123

No one seems to advance and everyone seems unhappy. Sometimes you just need a job, but there seems to be a lot of turnover.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

It's a job that really allows you to stick to your schedule -- no staying late or coming in early. If that's important to you, it might be worth it. Other than that, they don't do a good job of promoting from within or even recognizing accomplishments.

Manager

Thank you for sharing your personal insights. We value and appreciate your time to provide us with opportunities to improve.

Madam Anonymous

Most people who work here are women, yet, like many companies, quite a bit of the leadership is men. However, I do feel respected and feel that my opinions are heard and taken into consideration. Maternity benefits are quite good and depend on length of service. After 1 year, you can take 3 weeks fully paid and 9 weeks at 60% pay, and this increases after two years to 6 weeks at 100% and 12 weeks at 60%. IIE keeps contributing to 401k (prorated) and insurance. 401k contribution is 7.5% starting after 1 year of service, and you're fully vested after that year. No need to match. Many people work on a 7 hour day, but telecommuting is not yet the norm and neither are flex schedules, so I am not sure how difficult it is to work here after having kids. Most people do seem to leave by 5 or 5:30, however, and there is no expectation that you stay late.

Program Officer

Student Exchanges

It's a non profit and the majority of employees are women. I've never been pregnant but I have many colleagues who are and the maternity leave benefits are exceptional. I would reccomend this to married women who don't need to make a high salary and want to have a child.