Employee reviews at Institute of International Education

Institute of International Education

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"No one seems to advance and everyone seems unhappy. Sometimes you just need a job, but there seems to be a lot of turnover."
Program Officer
"Maybe"

Want to

"Most people who work here are women, yet, like many companies, quite a bit of the leadership is men. However, I do feel respected and feel that my opinions are heard and taken into consideration. Maternity benefits are quite good and depend on length of service. After 1 year, you can take 3 weeks fully paid and 9 weeks at 60% pay, and this increases after two years to 6 weeks at 100% and 12 weeks at 60%. IIE keeps contributing to 401k (prorated) and insurance. 401k contribution is 7.5% starting after 1 year of service, and you're fully vested after that year. No need to match. Many people work on a 7 hour day, but telecommuting is not yet the norm and neither are flex schedules, so I am not sure how difficult it is to work here after having kids. Most people do seem to leave by 5 or 5:30, however, and there is no expectation that you stay late."
Program Development Specialist, Strategic Development

Want to

"It's a non profit and the majority of employees are women. I've never been pregnant but I have many colleagues who are and the maternity leave benefits are exceptional. I would reccomend this to married women who don't need to make a high salary and want to have a child."