Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.

"The flexibility is great but there is a long way to go with promoting women in leadership."
Regional HR Business Partner, Human Resources
Would you recommend Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. to other women?
"The company is continuing to go through transformation and integration. I would recommend waiting until the transformation is close to complete to join the team."
One thing Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. can improve?
"Women in high level positions are very important to me. But as women, we should also be looking out for the women who are successful and close to retirement age. Be ware of Jacobs and the words "HR Transformation". A bad HR group can hurt the people and the company."
"It really depends on who you are and who you boss is regarding flexibility."
Would you recommend Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. to other women?
"Female-friendly is talked about but not practiced. Disappointing in reality."
"no"
Principal, Engineering
Would you recommend Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. to other women?
"All depends on which area you work - some really positive experiences, others not as flexible."
One thing Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
, Human Resources
"Not competitive."
Would you recommend Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. to other women?
"Great project experience, some brilliant people. Bit of pot-luck as to whether you work in a team that supports working parents and the demands of balancing home and work."
"Jacobs has always been fair with me. The company culture seems to really value the eployees as their greatest asset, and they are very willing to invest in our education and seem to go to great lengths to keep employees happy. "
One thing Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Would you recommend Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. to other women?
"Ask questions and plan to have to push for every inch you get. Many times if you don't, they wont willingly offer up pertinent information. "
One thing Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Would you recommend Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. to other women?
"Depends on what they are looking for, where they are in their lives and careers, or what they specifically do."
"Many of the employees here are men over 50, so the mentality is a little behind the times with regard to how they view women. You probably won't have difficulty getting in though based on gender and I know at least my start pay was equivalent to men coming in so that's a plus. Promotion may be difficult as there is still a lot of unconscious bias toward women. Maternity leave doesn't exist but you can use short term disability. Don't have a baby when the market is bad though, because they don't have to let you back. They won't tell you that but if there aren't any projects to put you on, they can lay you off. Very project dependent as far as how your experience will be. Some bosses frown on flex time and some have no problem working with your family schedule within reason."
Engineer,
Would you recommend Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. to other women?
"Very location and project dependent "
"They are very selective in which women are given higher salaries. If you fight from the beginning and establish a fair wage then you have a change at being treated equal. The problem is once hired, raises are unfairly doled among employees."
Would you recommend Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. to other women?
"Depends on their job title and management group"
"It varies from group to group, but in general Jacobs is very supportive of women and is flexible with our needs. I have never felt like my colleagues and bosses treat me any different. Responsibilities are primarily doled out based on skill level. I am currently working "modified full time," which is flexible from 21 to 40 hrs. a week so I can be there for my 6 month old son. My boss is understanding that this is what my family needs for now, but probably not forever. I still feel respected for my abilities and trusted with important tasks. I just have to leave at 4 to get to daycare. Many coworkers have young children and understand that families do what works for them. There is another mother with younger children who is a Project Manager. I had no issues taking 12 weeks of maternity leave - I was supported by coworkers. I took the leave unpaid - no maternity benefits. Others used a disability policy for 60% of salary for 6 weeks, but you must enroll before getting pregnant. Nobody told me this! Not even HR when I got married. I was angry about that, but otherwise my experience has been positive."
Project Engineer, Civil/Highways
Would you recommend Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. to other women?
"I had a horrible experience at this company with a Project Manager. I reported the behavior and there was an investigation that proved he created a severe hostile work environment. Jacobs has a ZERO tolerance. Well that is not the case. I left, he stayed employed. Then was even given another project. I never asked for compensation just to be re-hirable. Well needless to say I have never been able to go back to work for them again. Such a shame. Great company overall. Just really poor HR action. Always be careful, filing a complaint even if founded is career suicide it seems sometimes."
Project Manager, Construction
Would you recommend Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. to other women?
"I'm very new in the company"
Intern, NAI