Jones Lang LaSalle http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Jones Lang LaSalle?

JLL is a good place to work for many reasons, regardless of gender. They're a front runner in their industry and in techology. They are experiencing growing pains as they become more governance focused.

Lady heynow

The company is pretty equally fair when it comes to men vs. women, although their maternity leave policy is lacking, providing only two weeks of paid leave.

Lady IFMgr Regional Facilities Manager, Banking

I think JLL tries, on a whole, to be fair and provide support for women. The benefits are excellent and they provide much training through their JLL University. However, each account is run separate of each other with very little opportunity for interaction with employees on other accounts. It is difficult to find out about promotion opportunities as most of the upper level positions are never posted on the internal job board. It is imperative to find a mentor who can advise and assist you through the system.

My experience has been on two separate accounts, one was very much a "good old boys club". Wen were never promoted, regardless of time on the account or their rating on performance. My manager looked to me as his personal secretary and often referred to me as "dear or his girl". When I filed a complaint with HR, I was told I needed to speak directly to his supervisor first. His manager told me to "quite playing the victim and manage my region". After my 2nd complaint to HR, I was rapidly redeployed to another account. After 6 months on this new account, I have not experienced similar issues but I do not see any opportunity for advancement for me within JLL at this point.
Lady Wednesday Corporate Solutions

It's generally a great place to work. Flexibility is however, at times, balanced with unrealistic expectations. If you want to paint a picture, chart out revenue v employee growth. Mid level women may not get recognized for similar achievements of male peers. And Inequality in pay seems fairly obvious

If you know the right people and can carve out the time for make sure you have the right connections to get recognition in addition to your work
Lady Fleurdelis

There seems to be an even mix of men and women, and the company seems fair in treatment and selection of men and women overall (hiring practices, treatment in work environment/conversationally, etc). However, the policies (paid time off, raises and bonuses) put women at a disadvantage. There is still very much an old boys club mentality. You are expected to arrive at precisely the same time on the dot each day (if you need to come in an hour late or leave a half hour early to go to the doctor or because schools are delayed or the roads are closed because of bad snow, you need to take a half day of your small amount of alotted pto), you are judged based on the number of hours and volume of extra assignments you volunteer for rather than quality of work and value added. For a company that harps on the importance of ethics, raises and advancement also seem to be most heavily tied to who you know/who you're friends with outside of the office.

Flexibility is lacking and poor career growth as well. Company's policies are very "old boys club" in mentality
Lady AE

I am not sure where I am at reflects the views of the entire organization, but I do not have the right parts to be successful in my current position.

Depends on your manager
Lady Strivingformore Finance Manager, Client based

I believe you should research pay ranges for your position and aim high when you initially get hired. Having difficult time now after 6+years to get where I should be in the market.

Lady micnic381 IPM, PDS

I worked here for 4 yrs, left and recently comeback. They definitely treat women fairly. My only concern is that there are not enough women in the C-suite which is potentially the product of the industry. Friendly Manager, JLL

Lady Anon750 Leasing Broker, Brokerage

Every office is different, but after having worked on both coasts for this company, I'm extremely impressed by the atmosphere and friendliness between departments, even given the extremely competitive nature of commercial real estate. I have worked for a competitor as well and the training/support/networking/career development/management aspects were dismal compared to what you get at JLL.

Lady Likely

Definitely women in leadership roles and throughout the company, but it is still an old boys network, no matter how much they push diversity and inclusion.

Certain positions are good for women, and JLL is committed to recruiting women.

Women Review Jones Lang LaSalle for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Jones Lang LaSalle by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.9 stars, based on 10 reviews Company Website Lady heynow Lady IFMgr Lady Wednesday Lady Fleurdelis Lady AE Lady Strivingformore Lady micnic381 Lady Anon750 Lady Likely