Jones Lang LaSalle

getridthumb

Do you research before you decide to work here. Due diligence is key.

Regional Facilities Manager

Operations

This company offers a ton of growth for women, and I do think that they treat men and women equally. They also value women-owned vendors and companies, and strive to partner with them.

When I worked under certain managers, my work-life balance was amazing and then not as great as newer or less experienced managers would take over a client account. I think that they would lack a certain balance to them, and would stress over hours to complete services, so that would then fall back to those working onsite and therefore affected what was previously more relaxed and more flexible.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

I've found in several positions that they have attempted to add on more responsibilities without compensation for the extra work and time, but I think it happens more when you are providing services to a client that they want to bargain with and attain.

Miss Innovation

Go in with your eyes wide open and realize that men will always get paid more, get more promotions, get more of everything. It is very much an old boys club. I have had upper level management promise me raises which never come through, and 2 promotions which never came through.

Employer is extremely unflexible and unrealistic. I get weary hearing them tell all of how great they are when the overall treatment is extremely poor and workload highly unrealistic.

Accounts Payable Rep

Finance

If you want more than 2 weeks paid maternity leave, go elsewhere

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. Maternity care is not great

champ22

I feel like there are good opportunities for women in this company. I do think that our leave policies should be restructured.

Our policy is: 12 weeks - 6 or 8 through Short Term Disability at 70% of pay. JLL pays for 2 weeks at 100%. The rest is unpaid or PTO.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

JLL is a good place to work for many reasons, regardless of gender. They're a front runner in their industry and in techology. They are experiencing growing pains as they become more governance focused.

Lady heynow

The company is pretty equally fair when it comes to men vs. women, although their maternity leave policy is lacking, providing only two weeks of paid leave.

Lady IFMgr

Regional Facilities Manager

Banking

I think JLL tries, on a whole, to be fair and provide support for women. The benefits are excellent and they provide much training through their JLL University. However, each account is run separate of each other with very little opportunity for interaction with employees on other accounts. It is difficult to find out about promotion opportunities as most of the upper level positions are never posted on the internal job board. It is imperative to find a mentor who can advise and assist you through the system.

Maybe. My experience has been on two separate accounts, one was very much a "good old boys club". Wen were never promoted, regardless of time on the account or their rating on performance. My manager looked to me as his personal secretary and often referred to me as "dear or his girl". When I filed a complaint with HR, I was told I needed to speak directly to his supervisor first. His manager told me to "quite playing the victim and manage my region". After my 2nd complaint to HR, I was rapidly redeployed to another account. After 6 months on this new account, I have not experienced similar issues but I do not see any opportunity for advancement for me within JLL at this point.

Lady Wednesday

Corporate Solutions

It's generally a great place to work. Flexibility is however, at times, balanced with unrealistic expectations. If you want to paint a picture, chart out revenue v employee growth. Mid level women may not get recognized for similar achievements of male peers. And Inequality in pay seems fairly obvious

Maybe. If you know the right people and can carve out the time for make sure you have the right connections to get recognition in addition to your work

Lady Fleurdelis

There seems to be an even mix of men and women, and the company seems fair in treatment and selection of men and women overall (hiring practices, treatment in work environment/conversationally, etc). However, the policies (paid time off, raises and bonuses) put women at a disadvantage. There is still very much an old boys club mentality. You are expected to arrive at precisely the same time on the dot each day (if you need to come in an hour late or leave a half hour early to go to the doctor or because schools are delayed or the roads are closed because of bad snow, you need to take a half day of your small amount of alotted pto), you are judged based on the number of hours and volume of extra assignments you volunteer for rather than quality of work and value added. For a company that harps on the importance of ethics, raises and advancement also seem to be most heavily tied to who you know/who you're friends with outside of the office.

Maybe. Flexibility is lacking and poor career growth as well. Company's policies are very "old boys club" in mentality