Legal Assistant

Legal

To get experience, it's great; but for the long-term, pay incentives don't match other similarly-sized firms.

Staff who have children have much more flexibility, not so much if you are not married or have no children.

Not a parent.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. Pay is too low for such a large law firm.

As with many law firms, there are more men than women at the top levels, and there are many women in the support staff, especially secretaries. This law firm does not have many benefits to employees, and being an insurance firm, you would think it would have the best plans available for employees, but they have high deductibles and only a couple options. I have not taken maternity leave, but I learned that it is 6 weeks. Not fantastic, but something is something I suppose. They also don't have a matching 401k. Staff is generally paid very low, which I think creates low moral and low work ethic. But the environment is pretty relaxed compared to other law firms and although there is a lot of work to be done, people generally have decent work hours. You don't see too many burning the midnight oil.