Massachusetts General Hospital www.massgeneral.org

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Massachusetts General Hospital?
dnr2212 Senior Financial Analyst, Healthcare

My dept has flexibility to leave early to pick up my son and work from home 2 days per week. Maternity leave is unpaid though.

It is all unpaid. You must use your PTO bank for any paid maternity leave
  • 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

It is a decent place to work, not the most family friendly

• 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

Some women-centered policies lacking
medresearch

It's a huge academic medical center- so there are always high expectations, tough deadlines and never enough time or money. Job satisfaction is based largely on who exactly you work for--there are great folks everywhere...as there are duds. Excellence is rewarded, but I have seen HR offer male cadidates more than an equally qualified woman. Usually the structure is male leadership and female administration with the women who have really made it--having had to step on others to get to the top. That says more about the structure that is reinforced rather than the women themselves. It's hard to make it. If you're really really good, you will be promoted--but always ALWAYS advocate for yourself in terms of what is important to you--pay, telecommuting etc.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review Massachusetts General Hospital for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Massachusetts General Hospital by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 3 reviews Company Website dnr2212 anon2903 medresearch