"When they prep to fire a female, they promise a promotion internally, get you fixated on preparing for the transition, back fill your job, you train the new employee, then come promotion day, you get called in and fired saying there’s not enough in the budget to pay you, and since we’ve already replaced you, we unfortunately have to part ways. Happened to 4 female coworkers in the last two months. Pattern of release. "
"no"
, Sales
"Senior Lewsership (C-Suite) has one female and nine males. "
Would you recommend MediaMath to other women?
"It is important to be proactive and engaged. MediaMath rewards employees who have ideas and are trying to help implement them for the betterment of the company."
Would you recommend MediaMath to other women?
"MediaMath is good about flexibility. Your success as a woman really depends on who your manager is and it varies greatly across the company. My first few years, I had a woman manager and received 3 promotions in my first two years. Since then, I've had male managers and gotten 0 promotions. "
, Product
Would you recommend MediaMath to other women?
"Flexible, no face time involved, so long as you get your work done"
Would you recommend MediaMath to other women?
"These apply to any company you considering applying to. If possible, reach out to other women who've worked there for additional perspective. Do thorough research about pay scale for the role to which you are applying. Find a resource to practice salary negotiations if you've traditionally been uncomfortable with this topic. A new job is the best opportunity most of have to receive a significant increase in income. Don't let the opportunity pass you by!"
One thing MediaMath can improve?
"Be mindful of potentially disciminatory practices with respect to hiring, firing and compensation and implementing checks/balances and a feedback system to avoid these pitfalls. Also, perform a quarterly internal audit to monitor performance, pay equity, promotion, attrition and other activies that may suggest female employees are not being treated equitably. Establish an internal advocate whom employees can turn to for help when they are experiencing issues and feel unable to go to their manager. Again, these are things that every company should do."
Would you recommend MediaMath to other women?
"There women who've had both positive and negative experiences here. Some of their issues are connected to larger industry/social issues and some are specific to the company. I'd just recommend being aware of what you're getting into. Also, there are certain hiring managers to avoid (one became notorious after every single female member of his team resigned, specifically siting sexism as one of the reasons during their exit interview). As with any job, I would recommend reaching out to other women who've worked there to get their perspective and a realistic account of all pros and cons before accepting a role. This is a good practice for any company really."
"I worked here for two years and had a fairly positive experience. That being said, I did feel slightly out of place on my team (which was somewhat technical), because the majority of women in my office were in account/client services roles, while the engineering team was predominately men. I didn't feel unfairly targeted per se, but I did feel that most discussions were geared towards topics that I wasn't particularly interested in, but felt some pressure to feign an interest in in order to fit in."
1 - 5 of 7