Eyes open -if you have real career ambitions, be careful about the jobs you take -and negotiate hard for titles, salaries and benefits. There's little chance to fix things once you are in the role

Depends on your division, your division head, your level and your manager. At the top (CEO) there is little diversity and no support for improving it. Lower levels (entry and 1st 3 above it) may be fairer -again, depending on your division and department
Lady AceV1630 IT Support, IT

My chosen profession is generally a male dominated environment. However here at Novartis I have had to female IT leads which has been refreshing to say the least.

Lady Mermaid Operations

We are all a product of our environment. Implicit gender bias by both men and women exists however there are attempts to balance the disproportionate gender inequality.

Lady Coco Associate Brand Manager, Marketing

I've worked for 3 different managers so far and my manger has the biggest impact on my work happiness. I worked for 2 men who were workaholics and would make me stay super late very often. Now, I work for a working mom who prioritizes family. My life is so much better working for her! Managers change frequently so don't panic if you get a bad one at first.

Madam 4everme Director, Sales and Marketing

Be ready to compete with men culture and be set aside. You will fight for every thing even to be treated fair. You have to have a coach and a top manager to protect you and help you or it will be almost impossible to grow.

Madam River

Advancement is close to impossible. No matter how much or how hard you work. Very flat organization that rewards only a chosen few. Need to be super politically savvy to be able to exist here.

Lady Koobie Regulatory affairs

Be political and a delegator. Do not work hard and keep your head down. These folks do not get ahead here. Need to be a flashy mover and shaker.

Women Review Novartis for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Novartis by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.9 stars, based on 7 reviews Company Website Lady AceV1630 Lady Mermaid Lady Coco Madam 4everme Madam River Lady Koobie