Oracle Corporation http://www.oracle.com/index.html

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Oracle Corporation?
Lady Blueberry

I worked at Oracle for 2 years. I enjoyed my time there, met cool people, enjoyed decent benefits, onsite gym, etc. That being said I left because the environment did not lend itself to professional growth. I took professional development classes outside of work, joined teams, volunteered for projects, etc., but it was clear managers do no advocate much for employees, raises aren't given out much, and when they are it is typically based on seniority. Since everyone on my team was there 4-8 years longer, I knew that was my timeline for a raise (and not a big one at that). That being said, it's a decent place to work, but moreso for someone comfortable with a slower pace.

Professional growth opportunities are limited, but if you are looking for something that just pays the bills, then there are perks that may make it worth your while (e.g., benefits, onsite gym, flexibility). Just don't expect raises or a promotion.
Lady or Lord Marketing, Marketing

Oracle is retro in so many ways: the technology, the attitudes, etc. It's an old-boys club. (I think Safra Katz made it to the top b/c she acts like one of them, and it ain't pretty). It could be a good place to start your career, but after 2-4 years, GET OUT. My department felt like there was a time-clock and no one put out any extra effort, and didn't question the edicts from above.

maybe as your first job in tech
Madam PCIismyB* Cloud Services

Huge international company so reviews could vary wildly one department to the next. I like where I work. I've run across institutional issues that interfere with doing my job but none have been gender based. I've received regular raises (small 3-5%) and never had a problem being paid overtime when I've worked it. Oracle is not known for big salaries and raises but I appreciate the stability after years at start-ups. I also have many intangible benefits like controlling my own schedule for what hours I work, no dress code, and I like my team. I suspect much of my enjoyment working for Oracle is due to being in a small operations/development office rather than in one of the huge campus buildings. If I had to Ann Taylor my wardrobe or be in right at 9am my satisfaction would be much lower. I was the only woman until recently in my particular role but there are many women and minorities in the development and operations teams I work with daily. A benefit of giant corporations over start-ups is a working HR and company-wide instituted rules for behavior. I've never had a problem with coworkers so I don't know if everything would work the way they say it does the online training classes we take every year but at least the structure exists for filing a complaint.

Lady Red Marketing

Salary increases and bonuses occur on a very rare basis, even with increasing revenues and profits. This is true even when performing in the top tier (as rated by management). Any maternity leave beyond 12 weeks is unpaid.

Lady anon264 Senior software development manager

Your experience at this company really depends on your department. Some departments are compensated and have lots of headcount, others never see raises or bonuses. There are very few women in my division, and only 14% of the managers and directors are women. It's lonely here although all of the men are extremely respectful.

Madam Wonder women Oracle Direct

I have only worked here 6 months. In tech there generally aren't a lot of women in the industry overall but Oracle is a BIG boys club. There is not a lot of flexibility or work life balance for those of us that have families. The flipside is the money can be outstanding and the name on the resume is great!

its a great resume and bank account builder but you gotta have tough skin
Lady anon265 Software Developer

I donno. Lots of guys but that's more or less as expected as a developer.

Lady anon266 Business Analyst, Operations

I have worked here for over nearly 20 years, and my pay is significantly lower then my peers. They hire in new people and pay them more. there is no loyalty. It saddens me really. I have had many roles and the one I have now requires very long hours and they don't want you to work OT but they want the work done. they do no offer good manager support or they hire in new managers who have no real experience in the role. we don't get raises for years on end and when we do, it is 25-50 cents . in the end, I will likely stay only because I do enjoy the flexibility of working remotely and I enjoy the people I work with.

flexibility is a HUGE part of the job, so if thats your biggest need then for sure.

I've been with Oracle for almost 2 years and there are a lot of strong, competent women working here in every type of role and at all levels. I believe that women are treated fairly and have opportunity for growth and advancement. The company offers an incredibly flexible work environment, making for a good work-life balance. There are periods of heavy workloads, balanced by time to regroup and plan. The benefits are great and colleagues are highly professional.

Lady Willow

Who women are treated within this company varies greatly based on product line, department and manager. Management is male-dominated.

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Oracle Corporation in the past year?

• 0%

say gotten better

• 0%

say gotten worse

• 100%

say the same

No comments yet.

Women Review Oracle Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Oracle Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.1 stars, based on 51 reviews Company Website Lady Blueberry Lady or Lord Madam PCIismyB* Lady Red Lady anon264 Madam Wonder women Lady anon265 Lady anon266 Lady anon267 Lady Willow