Lady oraclegirl

Executive Assistant

None.

Lady DorothyParkersGhost

I'm a top sales performer but I've been told that my attitude could be "sweeter" that I can be too pushy and aggressive. I've gotten on calls with all men, introductions were made by all other team members and my manager has said I will speak for her and did my introduction for me. He did all the talking the rest of the call. I was brought in by acquisition and haven't seen a raise since. In fact my manager was raised to a higher level and given a bump in pay and while slightly blitzed at a corporate dinner told everyone how bad he felt about getting "our" raises. They also constantly replan their sales people so they don't have to pay them what they earn for being successful. You think your going to earn a great commission and then suddenly it's cut in 1/2 but at Oracle they believe their pay is a "gift" to their employees not that they earn it. There are way too many managers, it is so management top heavy. Also have been told not to log overtime hours when I submit my hours to payroll even though I have worked overtime and am required to do overtime as part of my job.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Work is not challenging. If you are in for building cool things, be prepared to do so by just managing to scratch the surface of their products.

Software Engineer II

In Memory Database

For young and ambitious women who wants to achieve big in your career don't waste your time by joining this company. Its good to join this company in mid of your career, where you need flexible hours while your kids are growing up. If you want to have flexible company to work with, then only join this company. Building better relationships with the senior management is very important to for your career advancement.

Elisa Girl

Sales

I would tell myself to stop stressing because the job is not as hard as people say!

Lady Doggie

I hear things vary widely from department to department, but I am able to work from home and I set my own hours. I have been given several promotions and continued growth opportunities. My department is made up of a majority women, many of whom are wives and mothers who are very happy with the work life balance. I am happy where I am but I have heard that you really need to check into your department's stance on things like flex hours and working from home. Not everyone in Oracle is so lucky I hear.

Lady Osiya

Recent corp buyout. opinion still pending. Still they seem better than original corp

Lady Killer

Software Developer

Siebel

With new hires they had 2 men and 3 women. After 1 year, promoted both men and none of the women. No coaching or 1:1 meetings with managers. Never had a career talk in 3 years.

HardWorking Girl

I became employed at Oracle through an acquisition. Becoming an Oracle employee was a huge culture shock and took about a year for me to realize and accept that Oracle is a job, not a career. Salary is not competitive and I had been warned by other women (particularly those in a specific type of job role) that once you were acquired, there are no pay raises for a large population of their employees. Four years later and I can tell you the 'no raise' warnings were correct. I have definitely hit my dead-end, there is no opportunity for promotion or increase in salary. Why do I stay? I stay because the people in my organization are pleasant to work with and I have a boss that I enjoy working for. My boss allows me great flexibility with my schedule, resulting in a great work/life balance which is priceless for a mom with small children. Please Note: My information shows a recent bonus of $10 - $20K. This is incorrect. I have never received, nor am I eligible for bonus, but this site wouldn't allow me to choose a zero amount.

Aqua Girl

No. Just no.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Oracle Corporation in the past year?

say gotten better

say gotten worse

say the same

No comments yet.

Women Review Oracle Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Oracle Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 57 reviews Company Website Lady oraclegirl Lady DorothyParkersGhost Lady anon276 Lady anon279 Elisa Girl Lady Doggie Lady Osiya Lady Killer HardWorking Girl Aqua Girl