Lady Enid.Coleslaw International Programmes

For UK based employees - maternity leave is entirely dependent on the type of contract you have - if you are a permanent employee you are eligible for 12 weeks at full pay and the rest of the year (remaining 40 weeks) are at SMP +10% of your salary. If you are not on a permanent contract (which can take up to 4 years of working for Oxfam to obtain) you get 9 weeks full pay and then the rest of your eligible leave period (41 weeks) at the government SMP rate. Working here there are a lot of women, which is very true of the INGO sector in general. Once you start to look at more senior management however there is a very visible 'thinning out' of the women, especially when compared to the lower C,D,E and F grades. OGB does provide flexible working hours to ensure childcare, and has an on-site day care, but speaking from experience where I planned to return to work immediately after starting my family and my (male) partner wanted to stay home with our children I was met with inherent shock, questioning and even pressure to rethink my choices (which I was not expecting from Oxfam).

Women Review Oxfam for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Oxfam by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 1 reviews Company Website Lady Enid.Coleslaw