Employee reviews at Oxford University Press

Oxford University Press

2.3

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"This is a company with many women in leadership roles, and there is potential for work-life balance if you are a mom, but it's not guaranteed - depends on your job (and whether you're exempt or nonexempt), manager, and longevity with the company (i.e., being there for a couple years or more will make it more likely that they'll work with you on adjustments you need). I really think they're trying to improve flexibility, though. "
"Not sure"
One thing Oxford University Press can improve?
Account Mana, Sales
"There are great inequities in flexibility if you are exempt versus nonexempt, and also depending on dept. Company needs to make flexibility part of overall workplace culture, and not leave it as much in the hands of managers. "
12 Weeks Paid | 0 Weeks Unpaid
"Maybe"

Want to

"It's a collegiate and casual work environment and a lot of the people are great. Pay is shockingly low. "
One thing Oxford University Press can improve?
Associate Editor
Culture, Hours

Want to

"I worked here until I attempted to get a promotion. Another female employee and I both applied for the same open senior-level position (she had many more years of experience than I did), but both of us were told that we didn't have enough experience to handle senior-level work. After leaving the company, I learned that the position was eventually filled with by a man who was the same age as me, with no experience in publishing. Another (female) member of my department was unaware that she was offered a lower salary than had been budgeted for her position, due to her (female) manager's belief that "women don't ask for what they want in the workplace, so she'll accept it anyway" (she did). Of course these are anecdotes, but it left me feeling that being female (and especially a young female) would not get me much respect in the company"
"Maybe"